Forums

What footjoys look the best with shorts.

• 1539 points

Mostly wear shorts when I golf any suggestion of which ones look the best?
  •  

This is all about what color shorts you are wearing.  For example - let same you have a nice Black pair of shorts (style number 24201) - the a classic White/Black saddle would really be nice; however, if you have a Khaki colored pair of shorts (style 24203) then a nice white/brown saddle would work.  Another consideration should be the shirt and or belt you are planning on wearing.

Many decision to make.

•  

Hokie I will bow to your expertise.  However, any FootJoy would look good, its the shorts that would look bad.  But I do not think I would try a shield tip with shorts. But any saddle or solid color would work.

• 582 points

When I play in shorts I like the new contour casuals. Since they look more like tennis shoes they don't look as out of place as saddle shoes would. Other than that you can try the XPS-1 or the FJ Sport. Shorts by nature look more casual and less formal so to look well put together on the course and on the patio of the 19th, you should look for shoes that have a more casual vibe to them. Leave the classic shoes for when your wearing long pants. Long live summer!
    • 1539 points

Overall though it sounds like color aside saddle would be the way to go then?
  •  

You can wear just about anything with shorts; however, solid dark colors should be avoided, as well as black socks.

•  
    Bobby knows of what he speaks. Personally, I wear a lot of black shoes (and you can only wear black socks with black shoes!).... But the shoes should compliment the outfit. Color schemes should coordinate so they flow.
  •  

I tend to wear XPS-1 when wearing shorts.  Sporty styling and the 56003 (white with silver detail) really goes with everything.  Plus I can swing as hard as I want knowing my feet won't go anywhere!

•  

As long as you match its all good!

•  

LOL Maybe if the black shoes completely hide the black socks. My wife (and fashion consultant) says shorts and black socks are a fashion faux pas, unless you want to resemble an old, retired New Yorker residing in Florida with a metal detector. She insists only wear the black shoes ONLY with slacks. However, you look in anything Randy. Us short, fat Texans must take extra care with our ensemble to avoid appearing dorkish.

•  

And we all know how much you like to swing hard!

•  

i use to have a pair of foot joy dry-joys that were white with a brown saddle.  but that was many, many years ago.  after that i went with an all black pair since i felt that looked better with long pants.  now i have all black and all white Icons.  i think they both look very nice with shorts.

• 3627 points

All white classics.

•  

Icons look great with shorts.  I have ones with a brown stripe and ones with a black stripe.  I'll match them to my belt/hat.  Looking sharp

•  

I would say all FJ's look great with shorts, except for the shield tip. Those deserve pants in my opinion.