Forums

NIKE TO PURCHASE LOU GROZA ESTATE

•  

In order to get a few more yards out of Tiger's club kicking Nike has purchased the last remaining square toe kicking shoes in existence from the Lou "The Toe" Groza estate. Nike hopes to develop the line in order to capitalize on this new craze.

• 691 points

Nike is just pulling a publicity stunt to keep their image in the golf world. They put most if not all their golf eggs in tigers basket and he is a falling star. However, Nike as a corporation has their figures in the jelly jars of almost every major sports franchise in America, they pretty much own all collegiate sports, the NBA is still their little love child since the days of Michael Jordan, and this year they are replacing Rebock as the premeir jersey provider for the NFL. Nike is just toying with golfers and using Tigers bad behavior as an excuse.
  •  

Will they be fitted with "soft spikes"?

•  

Another Holleyism, for sure.  Love your sense of humor!  I'm still waiting to hear if they are going to award Tiger "extra points" for his kick.  Personally, I think it should be worth about 25,000 of them.

•  
    JonathanG
    Nike is just pulling a publicity stunt to keep their image in the golf world. They put most if not all their golf eggs in tigers basket and he is a falling star. However, Nike as a corporation has their figures in the jelly jars of almost every major sports franchise in America, they pretty much own all collegiate sports, the NBA is still their little love child since the days of Michael Jordan, and this year they are replacing Rebock as the premeir jersey provider for the NFL. Nike is just toying with golfers and using Tigers bad behavior as an excuse.
    That is true and it is almost stupid
  •  

It is a good thing Tiger has steel toed Nike shoes.  I pushed my second shot on 14  today and figure I would do a Tiger, so I started cussing than tried to kick the offending 6 iron.  My toe still hurts.  Devin FJ needs a steel toe ICON.

•  

NCBob

It is a good thing Tiger has steel toed Nike shoes.  I pushed my second shot on 14  today and figure I would do a Tiger, so I started cussing than tried to kick the offending 6 iron.  My toe still hurts.  Devin FJ needs a steel toe ICON.

you shouldnt kick it you should just break it if you have steel shafts

• 1 points

Sorry, not the last set in existance. I have a set of Lou Groza's game used kicking shoes. I have loaded them to the Cleveland Browns to display in their Heritage Hall Display.

•  

Welcome to the Forum, jgolak.  You'll find lots of interesting topics and comments as you stick around for the ride.

•  

I miss the good ol days when the kicker was a guy who actually played football.

•  

bholley
    I miss the good ol days when the kicker was a guy who actually played football.

I can send you recent game footage of the single wing, if you miss that too. The high school in my home town still runs the single wing. It is great to watch the confusion on other sideline when they play against teams that have never seen it run.