Forums

Was Bubba wearing a new version ICON on Sunday?

•  

Shoe looked like a new version of the Wave -  help us out -  did we see something new to come?

and another question -  sounded like Bubba had on metal cleats when we was walking on a stone walkway/

Way to go Bubba.

•  
    Yes he was! I think Devin said we would see these eithr in the fall or early next year.
  •  

And they would be in the MyJoys site for sale as well!

•  

they were pretty nice...can't wait for them to become public

•  
    Go Hokies

Shoe looked like a new version of the Wave -  help us out -  did we see something new to come?

and another question -  sounded like Bubba had on metal cleats when we was walking on a stone walkway/

Way to go Bubba.

The guys have it right, the new style will be in the 2013 Catalog. It will also be available in the MyJoys. Hunter has been wearing a white with white sting ray for the past couple weeks.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Go Hokies

Way to go Bubba.

The guys have it right, the new style will be in the 2013 Catalog. It will also be available in the MyJoys. Hunter has been wearing a white with white sting ray for the past couple weeks.

So that of course begs the question, when can we see more pictures of this new style?  

• 2628 points

I don't know about The Wave,but the cleats defineately had a metallic sound to them when he was going up the walkway. It could have just been an echo in the enclosed part of the walkway.

•  

Saw that new style and it does look good. As to the metal cleats, it sure sounded like metal to me also. Never heard that old click-clack with the new soft cleats on any surface.

•  

Here is a pic from the last day.

•  

zacho

I don't know about The Wave,but the cleats defineately had a metallic sound to them when he was going up the walkway. It could have just been an echo in the enclosed part of the walkway.

Bubba and many others (McIlroy, Imada, ZJ) wear a metal-softspike hybrid made by Champs.  It is basically the stinger spike that is stock on our FJ ICON with a metal spike coming out of the middle. 

Golferdrmjr will like Bubba's comment on why he uses them, "I like the sound."

• 377 points

"I like the Sound." 

I love it.  That's all the reason I would need.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

zacho

Bubba and many others (McIlroy, Imada, ZJ) wear a metal-softspike hybrid made by Champs.  It is basically the stinger spike that is stock on our FJ ICON with a metal spike coming out of the middle. 

That is "classic Bubbaism"...

Return of the metal spiked cleat.....Full Cycle!

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Looking forward to the release of this shoe.

•  

Devin.... Never, EVER try to sneak new products into the market. There are too many eagle eyed Hokies out there who will blow your cover.

Need to give out a little bit more to the "trusted few" my friend!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

zacho

It does sound cool!