Forums

New Spikes - old shoes

•  

I have an old Dry Joys that's been a favorite and it's been good to me . . . well, I dust it off once in a while, I guess. (lol)

Here's its picture after mink oil and new spikes.  I was reminded to do this from another thread here.  I have all of you to thank for.  Can't wait to play this weekend!

•  
    Noel, the picture is great! And you have what looks like a brand new pair of FJs...... And wait till you tee it up. The new spikes will feel so snug. Imagine how proud you'll feel on that first tee my friend. Well done!
  •  

Thanks for the confidence build up, (is it Randy?) Tar Heel!

It's probably at least the 12th or more times that I've changed spikes on this baby.  this shoes feels like a glove on my feet.  But the Contour Classics have been on my mind as an addition.  Summer time is coming up at the corner.  These Dry Joy in black gets very hot.  I need an alternate for my white Green Joys.  Those tan Contour Classics looks better to me than any other in the market and they feel very comfortable as well.  (Not that I've been visiting and trying them on at local stores and pro shops :-) I'm just sayin' [lol])

•  

Those look great, amazing how long a well made pair of FJ's will last. And the color of the spikes matches the acsent color in the bottom of the shoe, nice work!

I agree with you on black shoes being warm in summer, I have 2 pair of white that mainly get used during the summer months to help keep the feet cool.

•  

shaun13

Those look great, amazing how long a well made pair of FJ's will last. And the color of the spikes matches the acsent color in the bottom of the shoe, nice work!

I agree with you on black shoes being warm in summer, I have 2 pair of white that mainly get used during the summer months to help keep the feet cool.

Shaun, it is a fantastic pair (you know it!)-- I've never had anything better.  I've had it for at least 7 or 8 years (I think-- starting to loose track) and it's my favorite pair to be in, and it's still waterproof. . . err . . . err . . . never mind how I found out (ha ha). 

Anyway, a little care goes a long way, but the craftsmanship on this shoes are just solid engineering-- they are built to last with great comfort.  I remember when I wanted these pair, I visited stores and tried them out numerous times justifying its cost versus looks and feel and comfort, but more so about it's durability which I was never going to find out until today.  The design is just awesome, very classic and I doubt I would ever get tired of it.  Obviously FootJoy isn't letting me down.

The spikes are made by Champion.  It's their Stinger line.  I've always used it because they grab on well and it has an extra lift from the tracks that are on the shoes like the old metal spikes-- I have to carefully and consciously flex and lift as I walk in it, but I like and it's good enough to be on my DryJoys :-) .

•  

I use the same spikes and love them, just wish they did not wear down as fast as they do. Guess I should spend less time in the sand! : )

• 347 points

Nothing beats a great pair of FJ with new cleats. I do miss metal though..

•  

shaun13

I use the same spikes and love them, just wish they did not wear down as fast as they do. Guess I should spend less time in the sand! : )

Not so funny in a way . . . ha ha.

Hey man, I just went to my local store here near the office.  As usual, I tried a pair of Contour Casuals.  They only had them in Black, so I asked if I could order the Tan (turns out it's brown) and they said no prob.  Yes, I did it!  So I bought it and paid for it.  After I paid, I asked when will it arrive their store (I'm all excited) and the store owner said, probably the end of May.  She said, "The browns are not out in the market yet."  I said, but I see it all over the internet!  "Yeah, but it's not out yet.", she exclaimed.  I don't know that it's true.  GolfSmith could ship it the next day-- it says, I just checked.  Why would my store say this?  I've bought tons of stuff from them and I have a very good relationship with them.

I'm almost upset.  They're the only FJ store near me and I've already paid for it.  No, I'm in no hurry, but I feel bummed/deflated that my store can't get brown Contour Casuals.  They must have a very weak account with FJ.

Who would know more about this?

Sorry to vent. . . I need to walk for a while.

•  
    Noel - the contour casual have been wildly popular with the larger national accounts. Without being in the office I cannot answer with 100% certainty when they will ship, but next week they should be leaving Fairhaven to populate golf stores across the country.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Noel - the contour casual have been wildly popular with the larger national accounts. Without being in the office I cannot answer with 100% certainty when they will ship, but next week they should be leaving Fairhaven to populate golf stores across the country.

Hey, Devin;

Thanks for giving this stuff attention-- I didn't want to make a big deal of it-- it was just the way I encountered the surprise.  I'm looking at my the store owners eyes to see if she was lying (but of course, I couldn't tell - ha ha).  I appreciate the information and hearing it from you makes me feel at ease.

Oh gosh . . .  what have I done?!?!?!  I just finished a bucket of chocolate ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

Oh uhm. . . Devin, thanks a bunch, man.  You're awesome!  . . . just one more little thing . . .

Please tell these guys, I just need a pair.

. . . as for direction, House of Golf is located at 39626  10th St W, Ste E in Palmdale.

I'm not sure this vessel's got a GPS, but if they can't find the store, it's just behind some joshua tree, 90 yards back of the yucca.  It's a dirt road, so if it's raining, it could get muddy and sometimes the cows just stands on the road. . . lots of parking, though.

Thanks a mill.

•  

Looks as good as a fresh pair right out of the box.  Well done Noel

•  

joshgiano

Looks as good as a fresh pair right out of the box.  Well done Noel

Thanks, Josh!

We played 36 yesterday and two of us walked.  Great day!

The shoes held its own! (as usual) . . . I'm probably not going out today. . .  a little sore (lol).

Happy Easter.

•  

new cleats are like new tires or new grips...great feeling and makes the game or the road feel totally different (for the good)

•  

Mondo

new cleats are like new tires or new grips...great feeling and makes the game or the road feel totally different (for the good)

Yes, it is. . . it's an added good feel-- Thanks!