Forums

footjoy shoes

• 10 points

i still own 5 pairs of footjoy classics and they are still very comfortable and i cant wear them out they were very well made and the leather was a superb product i wish they still made them

•  

While I have no FJ Classics, I understand from my fellow Forum members and FJ Ambassadors that the Icons are more than a match for the Classics.  If you want to have a more comfortable feeling for your feet, you might wish to consider adding a pair or two of Icons to your collection of footwear.  Lots of places have sales around the end of the year or early in the new year, clearing out previous year's versions of Icons, so prices can be quite reasonable.  

Of course, if you are still comfortable with your Classics, you're already aware that they are unbeatable, by any shoe other than a newer FootJoy.

•  

You are luckier than most with 5 pairs of Classics.  I only have a white and a cordovan left with me.  I love them both.  I take good care of them and they are both in great conditions. . . I don't know what I did with my black pair.

Yes, I agree. . .

• 3627 points

My all white classics are still my favorite pair of golf shoes!

•  

skeezix769

i still own 5 pairs of footjoy classics and they are still very comfortable and i cant wear them out they were very well made and the leather was a superb product i wish they still made them

Greatness never dies....

-ICONs for ALL

•  

There is only one way to wear out a pair of FJ, PLAY MORE GOLF.

•  

Classics are Classics ! Never ending quality and durability......Enjoy and take good care of them !!

•  
    Skeez...... They do still make a high end shoe; the Icon. Great leather, superb comfort, and today's technology. Try them and you'll see they are every bit the shoe the Classic was, but better. I still have 3 pairs of Classics, but made the change and have never looked back.
  •  

Let me echo Randy's thought on the classics and the ICON.  I still have 26 pairs of classics but much prefer the ICON.  Will ocassionally wear a classic pair if I'm only playing nine,  riding a cart, or need them for color coordination.

•  

Skeez...

What my good friend Hokies didn't say (but implied), is that while he still owns 26 pairs of Classics, he has "traded up" into Icons for another 34 pairs of various Icon finery. Yes, the man has over 60 pairs of FJ shoes, with the majority being Icon.

So you can change and it will be for the better!

•  

Go Hokies

Let me echo Randy's thought on the classics and the ICON.  I still have 26 pairs of classics but much prefer the ICON.  Will ocassionally wear a classic pair if I'm only playing nine,  riding a cart, or need them for color coordination.

I actually know that you own that many pairs of Classics, but when I see it written out like that it still amazes me.  "26 pairs of Classics..."  I find that to be just like Bubba's golf game - awesome!

•  

Scott

I didn't impress you with the "I still have 3 pairs of Classics!" We all can't be Bobby Swain for crying out loud.

I guess I'm a weak attempt.....

•  
    Tar Heel

Scott

I didn't impress you with the "I still have 3 pairs of Classics!" We all can't be Bobby Swain for crying out loud.

I guess I'm a weak attempt.....

Bobby is in a league of his own, an FJ god among us mere mortals
  •  

Tar Heel

Skeez...

What my good friend Hokies didn't say (but implied), is that while he still owns 26 pairs of Classics, he has "traded up" into Icons for another 34 pairs of various Icon finery. Yes, the man has over 60 pairs of FJ shoes, with the majority being Icon.

So you can change and it will be for the better!

wow.....60 pairs.....just wow.  i'm not sure where i would put 60 pairs of golf shoes!

sorry, but that does put your measly 3 pairs of classics to shame!  haha.

•  

skeezix769

get yourself some Icons.  you won't regret it.  i have a pair of DryJoy Dry I.C.E.s still in my rotation.  they are about 15 years old and still going strong.  but my icons can't be beat!