Forums

Need Advice for aching feet

• 15 points

Hi. This is my first post. I am so excited! I just purchased my first pair of ladies DryJoys on spring break in Mrytle Beach. I need advice as to how to make my feet happier when walking 18 holes or more for 4 consecutive days in tournaments. I have orthotics but my feet still kill after 6 hours plus of walking. Any advice would be great. Thanks jconti
  •  

Welcome to the FJ forums.

Are you purchasing the FJ line of socks as well.  They may help with some of the tired feet issues.

Just a thought.

TT

•  

I would echo Tim's thought.  either the TechSof Tour's or the new Merino wool socks would definitely help.

•  

I think the best advice  is to contact Devin at FootJoy  and see what FootJoy has to say. There are any number of problems that may be affecting your feet and with FJs knowledge there is bound to be a solution that will solve your problem. I know there are others out there with orthodic trouble and FJ goes above and beyond to help you.

•  

i would contact FJ customer support.  and it also might be worth checking with a doctor.  if you do everything you can, might be something more a doctor can do.

• 3506 points

There are a few options and I would love to help because, I too, wear orthotics. 

In this situation, I would consult a pediatrist to see if the last or the contour of the innersole coexists with your orthotics and your foot shape. If all seems normal there, a good thing to try would be replacing the innersole and have your own inserted so that will conform to your feet in a way that your more used to.

Also, with different lasts and builds, there is a chance your sizing may be slightly off with that particular shoe. There is really no "exact" solution it seems b/c everyone is different. Also, if they were brand new, could take a few rounds for the shoe to take its true form to your foot!

I wish you all the best and all the luck with your new purchase. And welcome to the Community, keep posting!

•  

Hi . . .   Welcome!

Although I don't have FJ socks as of yet, I'll have those soon.  It's something I've learned here recently.  I'm also new here.

We like to play 36 holes a day on weekends.  I don't walk 36 holes, but I do the first 18.  Dry Joys are my favorite that I own and play in.  After 36 holes, I always change and slip on a deck shoes or slippers if I'm riding home right away.

Other than that, I stretch my feet on a curb for a minute or so.  Changing shoes after a round relaxes and helps me.

Hope it helps.

•  

Welcome to the forum! I agree with everyone that you will want some good FJ socks to go with those shoes.  I have issues with my heels when I walk a round, so my advice is to strech out your heels before you hit the links.

•  

Welcome to the community! I think the DryJoys may help once you start wearing them in your events.

I walk in my DryJoys, LoPros, and older styles of FJ and never have a problem, though I may only play 36 holes in a weekend. Try out the suggestions -- hope it works!

•  

You may also want to make sure you rotate through a few pairs of DryJoys. Make sure you air them out after each round and  a good pair of cedar shoe trees will keep them in great form for many rounds. 

•  

Jconti
    Hi. This is my first post. I am so excited! I just purchased my first pair of ladies DryJoys on spring break in Mrytle Beach. I need advice as to how to make my feet happier when walking 18 holes or more for 4 consecutive days in tournaments. I have orthotics but my feet still kill after 6 hours plus of walking. Any advice would be great. Thanks jconti

I have been down this road and everyone is different but where on the foot does the pain radiate?

• 276 points

I'm not a doctor but it might be worth having having your feet checked out by one.  Have you tried exercises like toe curls, ankle circles, and maybe, placing a tennis ball on the ground and using it to massage your instep?  My feet sometimes get sore and I find exercise and tennis ball do wonders to relieve the tension.

• 691 points

While a good pair of shoes is a great start all feet get worn out after a long day on the golf course, over the counter insoles are only so good and seeing a pediatrist can become extremely expensive. Dr Scholls has those custom fit orthotic inserts with a machine that measures your foot and recommends special ones just for you. I love mine, they are more expensive than other over the counter insoles (about $50 each) but compared to seeing a doctor they are worth a shot.
  •  

eagle3

I think the best advice  is to contact Devin at FootJoy  and see what FootJoy has to say. There are any number of problems that may be affecting your feet and with FJs knowledge there is bound to be a solution that will solve your problem. I know there are others out there with orthodic trouble and FJ goes above and beyond to help you.

Great advice from eagle.....Give Devin a shout....

BTW - Welcome to the Community !

•  

dzabkar

There are a few options and I would love to help because, I too, wear orthotics. 

In this situation, I would consult a pediatrist to see if the last or the contour of the innersole coexists with your orthotics and your foot shape. If all seems normal there, a good thing to try would be replacing the innersole and have your own inserted so that will conform to your feet in a way that your more used to.

Also, with different lasts and builds, there is a chance your sizing may be slightly off with that particular shoe. There is really no "exact" solution it seems b/c everyone is different. Also, if they were brand new, could take a few rounds for the shoe to take its true form to your foot!

I wish you all the best and all the luck with your new purchase. And welcome to the Community, keep posting!

First off, Welcome to the FJC.

To address your issue is truely the work of a medical professional, though you will receive exceptional advise from those who love the game and the FJ brand. As stated, FJ may be able to assist after seeing a medical professional.

-ICONs for ALL