Forums

Dry Joy Sypders

•  

anyone remember the Dry Joy Spyders?? I had a pair when they were new and still wear them.  they are still waterproof and still very comfortable.  I picked up a pair of icons last year, but still kept the Spyders and still rotate with them.  I think they were a great shoe (obviously).  I'll try to remember to post a pic when i get home.

•  

tdogg21

anyone remember the Dry Joy Spyders?? I had a pair when they were new and still wear them.  they are still waterproof and still very comfortable.  I picked up a pair of icons last year, but still kept the Spyders and still rotate with them.  I think they were a great shoe (obviously).  I'll try to remember to post a pic when i get home.

That's what I think as shoes to remember all life.

•  

Throwbacks there. I have a pair of Gel-Fusions that are of the same breed as your Spyders. Still mad comfy and waterproof like the day they were taken out of the box!

Love hearing how FJ shoes hold up over time

•  

as long as FootJoy keeps making shoes like that, I'll keep buying.  really takes the cost per year down when you can wear a pair for 10+ years!

•  

haha.....FJ is going to have to start being like stride gum.  they make their stuff so good i don't need to upgrade every year.  so, they're going to start coming to the golf course and punch people and take their shoes.  lol.

•  
    I don't remember these shoes
  •  

Spyders??? Lets see a picture, I don't recall them, but I have been a DRYJoy guy forever.

•  

tdogg21

Tdogg don't forget the pic!!!

•  

tdogg21

as long as FootJoy keeps making shoes like that, I'll keep buying.  really takes the cost per year down when you can wear a pair for 10+ years!

Tdogg this is exactly what I tell people when they look at me cross-eyed for owning quite a few pair's of ICONs and DryJoys Tours.  If properly taken care of, any pair of FJs should last quite a few years and these higher end shoes become worth it when I can keep them for many years.  I have a pair of Contour Series that I've "worn hard," so to speak, but with proper care they still look almost new. 

•  

I would need to see a photo of these.  I've had DryJoys since they started making them, but do not recall the Spyders.  I still have two pairs of DryJoys that I've not managed to wear out, yet.  One is getting close, as the molded forms on the soles beside the cleats are beginning to become just nubs.  I'm still wearing them, though (black with brown saddles).

•  

GTJacket8

tdogg21

Tdogg this is exactly what I tell people when they look at me cross-eyed for owning quite a few pair's of ICONs and DryJoys Tours.  If properly taken care of, any pair of FJs should last quite a few years and these higher end shoes become worth it when I can keep them for many years.  I have a pair of Contour Series that I've "worn hard," so to speak, but with proper care they still look almost new. 

If you're dropping that kind of cash you have to take care of them. Hearing people at the course complain about how their shoes arent holding up makes me ask them, do they ever take care of them? Proper (and EASY) shoe maintence like shoetrees, saddle soap and warm water can extend the life of a shoe for several seasons. Fact. Boosh

•  

pulplvr

I would need to see a photo of these.  I've had DryJoys since they started making them, but do not recall the Spyders.  I still have two pairs of DryJoys that I've not managed to wear out, yet.  One is getting close, as the molded forms on the soles beside the cleats are beginning to become just nubs.  I'm still wearing them, though (black with brown saddles).

Wow..... embarrassingly i need to admit i messed up the name (but really, it has been 15 or more years since i bought them).  they are actually Dry Joy Dry I.C.E.  (i think).  i'm not sure if i still have the box, but i'm looking.  they were the model between the dry joys and the classics.  i'll take a pic when i get home tonight.

now i'm going to go to the corner and shake my head embarrassingly.  haha.

•  

I remember the ICE.  I believe it was a shoe that kept your feet cooler while playing.

• 270 points

ah  the I.C.E.  so any Classic in play older than 10 years.  i have a pair of Dry Joy Tour Faux Black croq on Black, look great, a little heavy, small metal thread spikes.....

•  

hmm.  so i'm trying to post pics.  is there a max size they can be?