Forums

Squeaking shoes

• 112 points

I have three new pair of icons and one brand new pair of contours that squeak each time I play in them.  What gives?  Is there anybody else out there having the same problem?  Does anybody have a solution?

•  

Of my 8 (soon to be 9) pairs of FootJoys, only one of them squeaks...and that pair is a 3 year old pair of DryJoys that (sadly) I didn't properly care for initially.  None of my Icons or DryJoys Tours squeak, nor does my pair of Contours.  Maybe one of the Staffers (Devin?) can help you out further but you could always contact FJ Customer Service about this.

•  

On my experience with FJ never happened to me.

•  

Hey Coach, 

Usually it is the insole moving inside the shoe.  Please call customer service 1-(800)-224-8501 they should be able to help you with the issue. 

DG

•  
    I have not had a pair of golf shoes that squeaks but I would say break them in and they should stop
  •  

Hey Coach, I'm wondering whether you have the special edition versions of the Icons and Contours with the mice in them. Are you finding that the fridge gets rapidly depleted of cheese at night?

Seriously, are all these pairs of shoes squeaking, because I have never had that problem. FJ will look after you as your shoes will be under warranty and their customer care is top notch. I would follow Devin's advice and call customer care to enjoy the FJ back up experience. They are  number 1 in golf shoes for a reason. Let us know how you get on.

•  

I have squeeks, usually on well worn shoes.  How many rounds are a pair of FJ's good for.  I do a lot of walking and so my formula goes like this:  Price x 7/3= Rds per shoe.

Now realize I am still working on the mathematical proof.

• 2661 points

coachj

I have three new pair of icons and one brand new pair of contours that squeak each time I play in them.  What gives?  Is there anybody else out there having the same problem?  Does anybody have a solution?

Squeaking usually is from the insole moving around on the bottom of shoe. If you put baby powder under the insole that will help with the noise. Old sneaker trick.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Hey Coach, 

Usually it is the insole moving inside the shoe.  Please call customer service 1-(800)-224-8501 they should be able to help you with the issue. 

DG

now that's good customer service right there!

• 3506 points

coachj

Try taking the insole out and replacing them with any other comfortable insole. Sometimes, this can cure the squeaking often. Sometimes, it can mean the shoe isn't the most proper fit. But, a cheap and simple method is to try the insole change.

Good luck!