Forums

Xps-1

• 1033 points

I was looking for a little insight from fellow FJ members from the south on xps-1s's.  Being from Wisconsin I won't be able to try a pair out for a while yet and was wondering if anyone had purchased them and what their input is.  I really think the wider platform will be great for my game.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

•  

From what I have saw these shoes are the ticket if you have a fast swing speed. They will provide you with a very stable base to hit from.

•  

i think that you should go to the local golf store and try them on and walk around in them for a while and do a couple of practice swings and then you will know if the shoes are right for you because that is how i get my shoes and the last 3 pairs that i have had are footjoys

•  

Being a SYNR-G guy I was very excitted to see these shoes at retail and try them on. When I was in NY last week for work I got that chance and have to say they are everything I had hoped for and more. I did waht Wheelz3030 suggested and could not believe how stable these felt. I will be buying a pair for sure once they are available locally, and can't wait to wear them on the course. Did not think they would be able to beat the comfort of the SYNR-G with the memory foam arounf the ankle, and these did.

• 1033 points

Wheelez3030
    I wish I could but the local stores and pro shops don't carry them yet.  Hoping that they will be coming in soon!

i think that you should go to the local golf store and try them on and walk around in them for a while and do a couple of practice swings and then you will know if the shoes are right for you because that is how i get my shoes and the last 3 pairs that i have had are footjoys

•  

The XPS shoe is worth the hype. It is the most interesting shoe I have ever worn for great reasons. The stability in the shoe in unmatched by anything else I have tried on and it is still very comfortable. It can definately be worn for those who would rather walk than ride.

It is worth every penny in your pocket. This shoe is for real.

•  

Tried them on at a large sporting goods store just for fun...overall a comfortable shoe and, like others have said, very stable feel to them.  Based on feel and fit, they appear to be everything they've been advertised to be and more.  Personally, I prefer the look/feel of the ICONs, but if not the ICON I'd probably add a pair of these.  

•  

The best review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_QqqtoifIQ&feature=related

• 2671 points

I really like the stability in these but seem bait on the heavy side. I'm sure I will get used to the weight and love walking in them soon enough. If you have an issue with either of your feet sliding out on you during your swing this is the shoe for you... Your not going anywhere but where your supposed to be. Very good traction!

•  

Just ordered a pair. Brokedown and did it. Tax Return season is fun...ish!

•  

• 1033 points

those look awesome! sure wish I could find them up here in Appleton, WI

•  

Rampage

those look awesome! sure wish I could find them up here in Appleton, WI

I'll trade 'em to you for some Packers tix this winter!

• 1033 points

dzabkar, Packer tickets are like gold up here. If you're a true packer fan you definetly need to take in a game at Lambeau. I know a guy that could maybe trade you tickets for icons.

•  

i actually hadn't even heard about this shoe until seeing this thread.  but now i'm intrigued.  will probably still stick with Icons, but i'm intrigued none the less.