Forums

FJ ICON Sport pattern - thoughts?

•  

This FJ ICON Sport pattern wasn't my favorite pattern when I first saw it, but it's growing on me FAST. It's amazing all the players that are wearing it at the Open, including Rory McIlroy, Nick Watney, Lee Westwood and David Toms. Camilo wore it at the US Open. It's hot right now! What do you guys think of it?

•  

Looking at it there it doesnt do a whole lot for me.  I prefer the more traditional saddle styles found on the other Icons models.

•  

I really like it too, especially the micro-perf accents used with the toe and collar panels. 

It will be a great pattern in MyJoys, very simple with just enough color.

•  

I think the sport pattern will be a solid option especially with shorts. I'm a fan of the traditional styles but always lean toward something a little more modern when the shorts are on.

• 95 points

They have a clean look but personally I am not feeling the material in the front of the shoe. I don't know if that is for flexibility or just for style but close up it is not very appealing. I think it would look better if it was one solid material in the front. If you are looking to steer clear of shoes that look plain I would suggest putting a FJ hit on the side of the shoe in a different material. It would be subtle, clean, and would also incorporate a second material to break up the use of one material.

• 480 points

That's my next pair of shoes!  If I'm a 10W in Contours, which fit like a glove, should I go 10W in ICON's?

Thanks!

•  

I'm still undecided. I prefer the traditional styles that were the hallmark of the Classics line. Still, I can't wait to get a pair of the Icons to try.

•  

i agree with Chris.  I didn't know what to make of these shoes when I first saw them, but they really are growing on me.  I think I need to try a pair of those.

•  

I'm still debating if these could be a classic style... When I think of "classics" there are saddles &  shield tips... maybe the MyJoy versions will grow on me

•  

Like them alot, I perfer more of a modern look.

•  

They are starting to grow on me, but I'm not sure that I am ready to own a pair!

•  

I like the shoe but would have liked to see Rory's pair with light green like his shirt where the black is.  Come on Rory.. wear the tartans!

The design is simple and that is probably why it takes so long for people to like it.  This shoe would look incredible with some bright colors... red, orange, pink... you name it. 

•  

They will be part of the collection first chance I get

• 415 points

I definitely like them.  As was previously mentioned, they would be perfect for MyJoys, as the simple styling would make it a great fit for a multitude of color combinations.

• 325 points

I just got a pair of these and really like them.  They do look like a few of the newer classics before the switch to icon.  In person I think they look a lot better though