Forums

FootJoy's exceptional customer service

• 255 points

I just wanted to thank FootJoy for backing its products so incredibly over the past 20 years. They've earned my loyalty because of this. I've probably owned no less than 25 pair of FJ's and whenever I've had a concern they've stepped up to the plate and resolved it to my satisfaction and beyond. I walk my very hilly golf course and weigh 225 lbs so I'm very hard on shoes. Recently, I sent back a pair of Gel Fusions that were out of warrantee because the sole had come apart. I had zero expectations but FootJoy replaced them with a pair Reel Fits which cost more than the Gel Fusions! This was not the first time they've done this. What a great company! I'll be a loyal and happy customer for life.

Anybody else have any stories about this to share? Ted

•  

Hi Ted --

Thanks very much for the nice comments.  I will make sure to pass this on to our head of customer service.

•  

I have had similar things happen as well.  When the old leather sole Classics were out people always didnt take the best care of them and they would crack.  We would send them in and FootJoy would always make it right one way or another.  Every pair of shoes I have sent in the customer has always been happy with the result.

• 255 points

I know what you mean. I've got 3 pair of Classic Premiers. They're built like tanks and as long as you don't wear them 2 days in a row and let them dry out, keep them clean and don't store them in a hot trunk, they last for years. Yeah, to some people I probably sound like a shill for FootJoy but what I said is the absolute truth. Ted

FotoJoy's customer service is second to none, and not just in the golf industry, but across the product services sector.   The organization fully embodies what it means to be customer-focused in its actions.  Management, sales reps, directors, the customer service department -- everybody just gets it.  It's a ringing endorsement for a company that hires excellent people to back its exceptional products. 

Some wonder how FootJoy can possibly outsell Nike - the most prominent brand in America - by a 4 to 1 count in the golf footwear category.  If you experience the quality of the products and the service provided to back it, it's not hard to fathom at all.  They are the industry leaders for a reason.

•  

I can't agree more. FootJoy customer service is the best in the business. I have been playing the Classic/Classic Dry Premier shoe for at least 15 years and have had a number of the replaced for leaks and have also had a few resoled. Never any questions of hassles with replacemnts of repairs. I won't wear any other shoe.

•  

It's hard to find companies that back up their product like FootJoy.  It's a testament to their brand.