Forums

First Round with ICONs

•  

Today I finally was able to get out and play a round of golf in one of my new pair of ICONs that I got for Christmas.  I had read where everyone on here says they are "ready to go" out of the box and need no break-in period.  Now I had worn them around the store a little, but we all know that's not the same.  I have to admit, I was skeptical about the "no break-in period" claim.  I thought, sure they may be very comfortable out of the box but they HAVE to be a little stiff right?  They have to rub at least one small blister somewhere, right?  WRONG!  I am now a believer.  These shoes never felt tight/rigid...in fact they really did feel like I'd worn them MANY times.  By far the most comfortable shoes I have worn around the golf course.  Not ONE SINGLE BLISTER to be found.  Being a walker, comfortable shoes are a must and these are it.  I do not see myself buying anything from here on out except ICONs.  Lucky for me, I have two pair already, a pair of ICONs MyJoys on the way, and I just bought a pair of ICONs on clearance that should be here next week.  Guys, I think I have a shoe problem...my wife just kind of looked at me funny and laughed when I told her I bought ANOTHER pair of golf shoes (this brings me to 8 total now, four of which are ICONs when everything arrives).  

•  

It is kind of amazing that they are so good right out of the box. I had the same experience with my new MyJoys last week. I walked 18 holes with them, no problems, just like the other four pair.

•  

Nice review and I expected nothing less from The Icons.. Those shoes are addictive!

•  

I bet they looked great on you too.  FJ should be the only shoe allowed on the golf course.

•  

Great review GT - I felt the same way when I received my first pair from work!

•  

There's something special about them tharrrr ICONs

•  

Yes sir! You have now been sucked into the ICON Abyss. Start saving your pennies....

• 3506 points

Couldn't put it any better myself. First time in mine walked 18 and felt great, can't wait until they're fully formed to my foot. DJ Tours are the exact same. Amazing quality top to bottom!

•  
    dzabkar

Couldn't put it any better myself. First time in mine walked 18 and felt great, can't wait until they're fully formed to my foot. DJ Tours are the exact same. Amazing quality top to bottom!

For me the DryJoy Tours had a brief (as in 1-2 round) break in period until they "felt right." The ICONs felt perfect immediately. All in all, both the ICONs and DryJoys Tours are excellent shoes, but my money will be going towards the ICONs from here on.
  •  

With all these comments is difficult not to say that my next golf shoes will be an Icon.

•  

Lusogolf

With all these comments is difficult not to say that my next golf shoes will be an Icon.

I highly recommend that they become your next pair of shoes, especially if you don't have any.  However, be aware that once you play in them, you will be hooked and will be hard-pressed to not buy more.

•  

After wearing the ICONS for quite some time,  it makes it difficult to back up.

I am very curious on the XPS1's though. My birthday is just right around the corner and think that I need a pair of those.

•  

I must have an abnormal foot compared to the FJ laser last because my ICONS and DryJoy Tour shoes do require some "break-in". Still, they look great and am very pleased with them. I wore my new ICON Black BOA's yesterday and must say, they seemed more comfortable right away compared to the lace-up shoes. 

•  
    I personally am an ICONite, the best line of golf shoes in terms of style and comfort in my opinion, I do have a pair of DryJoy Tours that I wear in wet conditions and I am strongly considering a pair of XPS-1s as well, but ICONs are definatly the staple of my golf shoes