Forums

2012 New Shoe Rule...

• 310 points

Rampage

GTJacket8

This is my most recent purchase.  This is a Footjoy Icon Style 52161 (Asyms with Black base and brown gator saddle) that I got on clearance.  Have been a fan of this shoe for a while and once I saw the price, I had to pull the trigger.  

These are Bad A$$! Love the look of the asym's!

Those are really great looking shoes, have also been a huge fan of this style and color combo since they came out.  The price for these shoes from a lot of retailers in unbelievable right now...

• 1033 points

Do you know of any online retailers that still have some of the asyms?

•  

Rampage

have you tried golflocker.com?

• 310 points

Rampage

Golfsmith's website is actually where I saw them.  They have tons of sizes listed as available and the price is about $135 (for this particular color combo)!  Some of the other color combos are more expensive.

•  

i think budgetgolf.com had them for 120.  not sure if they have any in stock.  even if their website says they do, they still might not. (i found that out the hard way).

•  

Man, what a thread!  Some of the shoes looks better on this pics than on ads.

• 3627 points

Tar Heel

Since I have been duly impressed by all the fabulous shoes and matching outfits thanks to Don's "12 Days of FJ Christmas" thread, I am invoking a new rule for 2012. And no self respecting FJA or prospective FJA will object I'm sure.

OK, it's very simple. Once you purchase any pair of FJ shoes, MyJoys, DryJoys, XPS, Contour, or any other fine FJ shoes...

You must post a photo of said purchase. We really need to see firsthand what people here are putting into play.

I like it...I'm game.

(As soon as I figure out how to post a photo!)

•  

It just dawned on me that while I posted the photos elsewhere, I did not put my MyJoys on this thread - so here they are:

•  

Way to go Todd! And a lovely little FJA logo on there.....

•  

One of my favorites for the desert....

•  
    Well done Todd. OK, I am planning on being down in San Diego the weekend of April 15, and Don and I are planning to play. My recommendation is the three of us all outfit up in our purple gear and play a round..... We all have purple shoes, shirts, vests, and can coordinate a whole "Gilbert Grape" sort of thing!
  •  

Rampage

Check ebay and the ProGolfSouth store -  they are really good to work with

with great pricing.

•  

TNT009

One of my favorites for the desert....

looking good! 

•  

Tar Heel
    Well done Todd. OK, I am planning on being down in San Diego the weekend of April 15, and Don and I are planning to play. My recommendation is the three of us all outfit up in our purple gear and play a round..... We all have purple shoes, shirts, vests, and can coordinate a whole "Gilbert Grape" sort of thing!

That sounds good, but do we want to look like we're on the same team? Maybe different colored pants. I wore charcoal gray pants with this shirt yesterday at Torrey:

That was a very nice look. But I can wear black or white pants with different shirts. Or actually, this shirt goes with any of the three.  Sounds like serious coordinating needs to ensue!

•  
    Don... Mine will be a Napa Pencil Stripe shirt with Black IJP pants and a Napa Drop Needle Vest. So we will all have variations on the Napa theme! Of course I can do Navy with Silver or Black with Red or Carolina Blue. So MANY choices!