Forums

My new SYNR-G's just arrived...

•  

So I just got a pair of the SYNR-G's and I can't wait to get them out on the course.  I've been switching between my GF IIs and DryJoys for the past couple of years but decided it was time for a new pair to go into the line-up.  I'm hoping to get 72 holes in this weekend, so I'll be sure to come back and write a full review.

• 449 points

Mike, I just got mine last week and took them to the range on Saturday.  Same performance and quite possibly one of the best looking shoes we've ever made!

•  

This quickly became my go-to shoe. Comfort, stability, style and performance is just incredible. The fit is what gets your attention immediately. The memory foam comforms to your foot and gives you a custom feel from day one.

•  

md7716

So I just got a pair of the SYNR-G's and I can't wait to get them out on the course.  I've been switching between my GF IIs and DryJoys for the past couple of years but decided it was time for a new pair to go into the line-up.  I'm hoping to get 72 holes in this weekend, so I'll be sure to come back and write a full review.

Alright, so I just got back from a nice trip down to Florida and while  I didn't get the full 72 holes in, I did manage to play 54 over the course of three days.  It was cart path only the entire time so I did end up walking a bit and put these kicks to the test. I would rather of walked everyday but unfortunately the holiday weekend means carts are required at most courses.

Anyway, on to the review. First off, I don't think you can beat the style and performance of the SYNR-G.  It is a solid 1-2 punch. Also, the comfort is amazing right out of the box. The shoes fit well during the first round and they only got better after the next two rounds...and the memory foam is a nice bonus.

Beyond comfort, the fit really locks you in and is definitely a stable platform. I didn't slip at all and the extra traction on the sole is a great addition. I also tested the waterproofing out, inadvertently, while looking for a ball in a creek. I wasn't paying much attention and finally looked down to see that my right foot was under water for a solid 30 seconds. The good news, my socks were completely dry. The bad news, my ball was in a hazard.

At the end of the day, I'm really digging these new spikes and they will be my go to shoes for the rest of the season.

• 782 points

I cant decide whether the feel of the SYNR-G's is worth it to wear them because i like the looks of CDPs, and ICONs, etc. so much better. Are they really that comfortable?

•  

foot_toys

I cant decide whether the feel of the SYNR-G's is worth it to wear them because i like the looks of CDPs, and ICONs, etc. so much better. Are they really that comfortable?

I know my posts probably come with a certain level of bias, but you really can't go wrong with either SYNR-G or FJ ICON in terms of comfort. The introduction of memory foam around the collar and in the tongue of the SYNR-G shoe, which you will also find in the FJ ICON line, positions these shoes above anything else on the market for fit and comfort. I would suggest you try them both on. The comfort should be very similar in both so it may just come down to style preference.

To see what others are saying about SYNR-G, check out the ratings and reviews on the product page.

•  

foot_toys

I know my posts probably come with a certain level of bias, but you really can't go wrong with either SYNR-G or FJ ICON in terms of comfort. The introduction of memory foam around the collar and in the tongue of the SYNR-G shoe, which you will also find in the FJ ICON line, positions these shoes above anything else on the market for fit and comfort. I would suggest you try them both on. The comfort should be very similar in both so it may just come down to style preference.

To see what others are saying about SYNR-G, check out the ratings and reviews on the product page.

• 782 points

thanks for your help Chris, i can't wait to get my ICONs by the end of the month!

• 315 points

I am really hoping to get a new pair of the 2009 SYNR-G's this next month or 2!!

• 1033 points

I've been looking at getting some new spikes, but haven't yet been able to find these in my local shops where I live.  I don't mind ordering most things off of the Internet, but am hesitant to do it when it comes to shoes.  Appreciate the feedback here...will have to find a place around me that carries these so I can try them on for myself.

•  

I have yet to try these out yet.  I am going to have to go to a local shop and try on a pair.  It is so hard to wear anything else besides the Classics.

Tim

•  

What style of SYNR-G are you guys where? 

None really tripped my trigger or made me have that 'I got to have these' feeling.  I will have to try a pair on to test for comfort.  Custom may work for me though.

•  

After a more extensive look, I have to retract my previous statement.

Style #53918, is one those "Got to have these" feelings.

•  

EMKelly0106

What style of SYNR-G are you guys where? 

None really tripped my trigger or made me have that 'I got to have these' feeling.  I will have to try a pair on to test for comfort.  Custom may work for me though.

I'm sporting the #53925 pattern and they are solid.  Great styling and I couldn't be happier with this shoe. I've been wearing them exclusively since they came in and they just keep getting better.  They really are the most comfortable FJ's I've ever owned and I never thought there would be a shoe that was more comfortable than my GF II's.

•  

foot_toys

Buy both. J/K. I had the same dilemma. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hold out for some custom Icons or pull the trigger on the SYNR-Gs...but I finally went with the SYNR-Gs. I liked the style of the new patterns and the comfort was a big deciding factor.