Forums

Icons vs. DryJoy Tours

• 282 points

I absolutely love the DryJoy Tours...   I now have the white/black saddles as well as the white and granite bicycle toe and decided that I've never owned any better shoes.  That is until I decided to wear my all-white Icons yesterday.  Ever since getting my new Tours I've wanted to wear nothing else. 

I personally feel that the DryJoy Tours are the best shoe on the market, period, regardless of price point.  Anyone else have an opinion on which of these shoes is better? 

•  

To each his own. I have both and find each to be equally comfortble, but that being said, I like the ICONS best . They seem to fit my foot better and offer a little more support.

•  

I don't have either of those series, but I have heard from many (golfers) that Icons are the most comfortable FJ's to date.

•  

I have had FJ's in the past and just got the DryJoys Tour this year... UNBELIEVABLE comfort.  I have been blown away!

I tried on the ICONS at the store and like the DJTs better.  But i'm old school on my shoes.  White with the Brown saddle.  Just how I roll.  :-)

• 282 points

To be honest I think they're both incredibly comfortable and do love the Icons, however, some of the designs of the Icons are a bit wild for me.  I know via the MyJoys I can get whatever i want, but sometimes a nice black or brown saddle on a white shoe is hard to beat. 

I'll be interested over the course of the next couple of years to see how each of these shoes holds up....   Part of me wants them to last forever, but another part of me wants them to deteriorate quickly so I can go get a new pair.   

•  

I've got to agree with eagle3.  I, too, have both, plus a pair of FJ Sports.  I love the fit of the DryJoys Tour and the Icons.  I tend to wear the DryJoys Tour more often (white, with black croc saddle), simply because they look better than the all brown Icons when I wear shorts.  This fall, when I move back into long pants, I'll probably wear the Icons more often.  Would love to have more, but expenses are tight.

•  
    My first pair of ICONs is now approaching 2years old and they look and feel just like they did when new . They have been religated to the pair that is worn in the wet and muddy conditions and they still look great.
  •  

I have not tried the DryJoys Tour (although my birthday is coming up in August and I might have to treat myself to a pair...), but it is awful tough to beat the ICON's.  They are durable, waterproof, comfortable, etc.  

Birdwell - welcome to the site.  One suggestion - don't wait for them to wear out.  It will be a while before you get a new pair.  You will have to replace the cleats however - although not as much fun as adding a new pair of FJ's to the rotation...

•  
    I have both FJ DryJoy Tours and Icons and both are very comfortable but I have to give a leg up to the Icons