Forums

Cleat Skins

•  

I believe our friend GolfChick mentioned these after the PGA Show, but I really need to throw an endoresemnt out here.

I just bought a pair of the new Cleat Skins to use when I go to the course. You can see the product at www.cleatskin.com. They have products for multiple sports and in a host of colors. I'm pretty sure even our own Bobby Swain could find something to his tatses! These have been written up in all the golf magazines, but I have yet to see them pop up at retail or in catalogs.

The product slips on over your golf shoe and allows you to wear the shoe to and from your round of golf. It's especially useful if you are a player that changes shoes in the parking lot, and keeps you from having to flounder around for your shoes and a shoe horn. Simply slide the Cleat Skin on and you are good to go. No messy grass in your car or trunk. I have found these to be a nice little addition that saves me some time at the course before and after a round.

Another little plug is that on my box there is a picture of the FootJoy Dry Joy Tech shoe, so some nice cross promotin is going on here. Chris, I hope these folks asked for the appropriate permission!

Check them out...

•  

what a good idea...thanks for the info on how they actually perform..you know, its the simple things that make the most sense

•  

OK Tarheel -  pretty neat product but only 5 color choices for golf shoes. 

I'm going to look for a pair the next time I'm at the Beach and probably buy a pair to try.

GO HOKIES

•  

Personally, I think that it is kind of sad to make a beautiful Icon look like a Croc but I can see how it would be practical. 

•  

Not Bad, looks like a pretty good product.

•  

Mizuno....

These are only to be worn to and from the course. They are not to be worn during play.

I think I may have confused you on what their purpose is....

•  

Read about these yesterday but have not had a chance to take a look.  It seems to be a good idea, considering the fact that the asphalt puts a little bit of a beating on your spikes.

I may have to take TH on his word and just get them.

•  

I'm not in the market for these. I have too many pairs of cute shoes to wear to and from the course, plus hate covering up my FootJoys!

•  

Chris... I'm usually flipping between sneakers and my golf shoes, and changing in the parking lot, since my club doesn't have a locker room. Having these things on while I drive is preferable to just having the shoes (and spikes) on.

I hate covering my shoes, but no one is looking at them while I drive!

•  

I ubderstand the function Tar Heel but I wouldn't want anyone to see me in the parking lot with those on. Sorry just a matter of taste. All I can see is the people that are told not to wear spikes in the club house walking around with those on.

•  

I think that for  some it might be a good idea, but I don't find it hard to change after arriving at the course. Slipping off a pair of loafers and putting on the golf shoes is fairly easy and I carry a shoe horn in every pair of shoe covers. Makes life a little easier.

•  

update on website link:  www.cleatskins.com 

The other one takes you to a faux site. 

As far as the product goes, I don't think I will get one.  I wear tennis shoes to/from the course so my ICONS don't see pavement for more than 30 seconds.

•  

Thanks Eric. I muffed the site address....

The one shortcoming my course has is that there is no clubhouse. It's a country inn, and the lack of clubhouse makes me change shoes in the lot. Bugs me to be sitting in my truck doing that....

Having used these, I do think they are very convenient for those of us that are lazy and can't change our shoes properly.....

•  

That's funny, If I ever get that lazy I need to call it a day ... I change my shoes when I get to the course and then again once I finish the round. It's no big deal ...