Forums

I'm still waiting to see a US military related MyJoy shoe

• 1281 points

I asked FJ for a US Navy MyJoy last year. The information I received said that the reason there isn't one is related to martketing licensing requirements. Now that I'm retired, I'd still like to own a pair of shoes that depict my past service. Does anyone else feel the same way? Let FJ know. Go Navy!  

•  

I would think that if you customize a pair of ICONS in Navy colors and used initials USN on the side of the shoe, that might be an option FJ would consider doing a shoe for you. Using the USN insignia would create a problem, but htis would not be considered an infringement. If you are able to do this, let me know, as I will inform my son who  also is a Navy retiree.

Eagle3

•  

tmpols - 

Thanks for the email.  We have actually seriously looked into military branch licensing over the last few years.  To be honest we ran into a few snags.

1.  Every branch's licensing rights are held by a different party.  That means multiple contracts and licensing administration which is a big challenge for our small team.

2.  When we were serious about it a year or so back, we spoke to the folks at our company that were in the military and they told us that they would much prefer to be wearing the logo of their unit, not just (e.g.) the Army star.  When we started to look into the unit logos, we discovered their were literally hundreds and the detail on many of them far exceeded the capabilities of the stitching area on the back heel of MyJoys shoes (1.25" x 1.25").

Not saying we will never do it, just that when we weighed the ROI, we felt that golfers could get close to what they wanted with color and monograms already available in the program.

Best Regards,

ML

• 1281 points

I looked at putting US Navy and my previous unit initials on the other shoe, too many letters. I have something in mind and have it in my wish list. Thanks for your reply.

• 1281 points

Thanks for the suggestion, it is something I have already looked at. Tell the son I said "best of luck", go Navy!

•  

that would be pretty sweet

•  

Bummer about not being able to military MyJoys -- that should be something any company should be able to do for the great men and women that service our country.

•  

tmpols

Thanks for the suggestion, it is something I have already looked at. Tell the son I said "best of luck", go Navy!

Thanks for the response. Will tell my son you said "Go Navy". He currently lives in Suffolk and we don't get to see him as often as we would like as we live in Iowa and winter in Texas.

• 2659 points

I know this is an old thread, but for what it's worth, the local base course here has the option for the US Air Force logo on their MyJoy shoe ordering forms.  Not sure how much info I should post here, but if there's a way to PM me and you want to know more, I'll be happy to oblige.

Jeff

• 1281 points

I'm still following this thread. I was in the Navy for 27 yrs and would put a Navy logo on a pair of shoes, no problem! I would also try to get a SEAL Team Emblem on the other side. Thanks for picking up on this thread, there are probably a few USAF folks out there that would like their MyJoys with an AF logo on them. You may want to start your own thread to advertise the availability. Aloha from DC 

•  

Former Army Ranger and I can imagine how sweet the insignia would look on a pair of MyJoys.

•  

I would love a USCG Pair... Semper Paratus!!!

•  

Pablo

Army Ranger also.  25 th Inf Div LRRP 1966

Lead the Way!!

• 3 points

any news on whether or not military logos will be done now.  This was over three years ago, has anything changed?  Semper Fi