Forums

Vintage Classics

• 108 points

I am a fanatic of old Classics and Classics Dry.  I own 6 pairs of them, bought, new, on e-bay, plus other Footjoy, including 2 pairs of Icon and 1 of M Project.

Nothing is more comfortable than the Classics, even if not always dry.

I am always looking to buy more in 8.5 C or D. So if anybody has an idea where to find them, I would appreciate to hear it.

•  

Carl

The best, and most likely only place, is eBay. The Classic has not been manufactured since 2009, so finding anything new is doubtful.

I will offer that I was a Classics fan too, but have switched my allegiance to the Icon, which I find to be a much more comfortable shoe right out of the box. No break in at all, which wasn't the case at all with the Classic. I still have well wore pairs that give me blisters on my feet.

Good luck on your search.

•  

All of us that have moved from the Classic/Classic Dry Premiere to the ICONs have never looked back. They are a much more comfortable shoe and very much lighter. I was one of the holdouts when the time to change came and I can tell you now that I still own a number of the olders shoes but will never wear them. The ICON is just a superior shoe!

If you walk at all, your feet will be much happier in the ICON.

•  

carlocal
    I am a fanatic of old Classics and Classics Dry.  I own 6 pairs of them, bought, new, on e-bay, plus other Footjoy, including 2 pairs of Icon and 1 of M Project.

Nothing is more comfortable than the Classics, even if not always dry.

I am always looking to buy more in 8.5 C or D. So if anybody has an idea where to find them, I would appreciate to hear it.

A local shop near me has some on sale of $139.  If you'd like, PM me and I'll go look if they have any 8.5 C or D's in their collection.  Last time I looked, a good portion were either spikeless or blems.

• 108 points

Hello pulplvr,
    Yes, I would appreciate if you could find out if they have any classics or classics dry in 8.5 D or C (even better). Then if you can give me the contact at the store I can contact them directly.
    Thank you, I'd appreciate.