Forums

Dry Joys Casual Review

•  

On Saturday I broke out this new pair of DryJoys Casuals and gave them a spin. As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of the Icons, and the majority of my collection is from this range. After having a discussion with Devin recently I decided to give these a try and am comparing them not only to Icons, but the DNA's.

Like all FJ's, these are comfy right out of the box. Great support, lots of comfort in all the right places, and they were the perfect compliment to the Mystic Collection apparel I was wearing. I was a little worried these would not be as supportive on the ground as my Icons, but I was really surprised at how firmly they held the turf. The design of the sole is really well done, and while not as radical as an XPS or DNA, this design is incredibly stable. I didn't find myself slipping out at all, even with damp turf after a sprinkle. Very comfy and well grounded.

This shoe is among the lightest I've worn from FJ, and really was a pleasant surprise for me. It had the same soft feel of the DNA while I was walking, and the same turf grip as my Icons. All around, this shoe is a worthy addition to any of your collections. With all of the many color combinations available, you can snap up your colorways to match several of the FJ apparel collections as well.

Enjoy!

•  

Great review, can't wait to give mmy lime and white a try.....just too wet......have a lot of lime combinations waiting in the FJ closet......picked up a lime belt this weekend and lime Titleist/FJ hat.....kinda anxious to put them through the tests......great report, Randy.....I love DryJoy Tours........in a casual should be awesome......

• 2129 points

Thanks for the review.

As a fellow lover of the Icon you answered some of the questions I had about the casual line.

•  
    Thanks for the review, Randy. Now I want a pair even more. You made no comment about fit, though. Your thoughts?
    • 1374 points

Thanks for the review. I've been extremely curious myself.
  •  

I'm also an ICON guy - and agree with Randy -  the DryJoys Casuals is a really nice walking shoe.  I was concerned at first with the grip (compared to Contour Casual) but have been really pleased with the shoe's sole construction.  Best of all - the white/red (really maroon) and white/orange ones work really nice with the desired color scheme.

•  

Go Hokies
    I'm also an ICON guy - and agree with Randy -  the DryJoys Casuals is a really nice walking shoe.  I was concerned at first with the grip (compared to Contour Casual) but have been really pleased with the shoe's sole construction.  Best of all - the white/red (really maroon) and white/orange ones work really nice with the desired color scheme.

It's nice when the FJ team plays to our loyalties, isn't it Bobby?

• 1730 points

Thanks for the review!  I've been keeping my eyes on those and the grip was my biggest concern..  Now i may have to get myself a nice pair..  

•  

Great review Randy!  In my experience the DryJoys Casual has ample traction, more so than some spiked models!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Great review Randy!  In my experience the DryJoys Casual has ample traction, more so than some spiked models!

Devin, I admit I was skeptical, but the DJ Comforts really were firm to the turf.

One thing I didn't mention.... With some of the more aggressive soles out today the greens can get scuffed from spikes and soles. The new sole design on the FJ Comfort created stability a plenty, but didn't have the same brutishness on the greens.

I only mention this because if you're a scuffer or heavy walker you may want to try these as well!

•  

This is a great review and so glad to hear the Icon gurus are giving it a good nod for its comfort and stability.

The styles and colors are nice and appealing.  I could see adding a pair in my rotation.

Thank you, Rand y and all.

• 527 points

Great review Tar Heel! I was wondering it they are worth getting... Maybe after I get my first pair of Icon and DNAs.

• 1022 points

Will stick with icon. Never have been a fan of the casual shoe for golf

• 487 points

An awesome review! I love mine!!