Forums

which last is best for me?

• 8 points

I'nm sure I'm not alone with this issue so I thought I'd ask the question:  I have a very wide foot with a fairly high arch.  Shoe size is usually 11 5E.  I have trouble finding golf shoes that fit.  Looking at the last descriptions that FJ uses, it looks like the Austin last might be best.  Any ideas from anybody?

•  

Piper,

Your 11.5 E size will be comparable to our 11.5 wide sizing, which comes in a variety of our shoes.  We even have select models at 11.5 XW.  I would focus more on trying on those two sizes than simply going off of a last description.

With that being said, our Contour Last (Contour Series), Nitro Last (D.N.A.) both feature a roomier feel like the Austin last.  The Laser Plus last in our DryJoys Tour and Casual will also give you some additional space in the forefoot.

Best,

DG

• 8 points

Thanks, DG, but it's not 11.5 E, it's size 11, five E width.

•  

Understood, my mistake!  Your best option will then be the FJ ICON in 11 XXW via our MyJoys program.  Stock shoes do not come in that sizes that wide.

• 5586 points

Devin,

Could you explain what a "Last" is? Chance to learn something new.

•  

Mark,

Here is a link that may help: footjoy.com/search

• 5586 points

Tyler Higley
    Mark,

Here is a link that may help: footjoy.com/search

Tyler,

I appreciate the link. With so many options how could a person narrow their selection to the option with the Last that would provide the best fit?

MMW