Forums

Need "cool" shoes

• 108 points

I play in hot dry conditions from Central Wa. to the Phoenix area. Looking for some suggestions for shoes that "breathe".

Anyone have experience with the new DNA?

•  

n2FOREplay
    I play in hot dry conditions from Central Wa. to the Phoenix area. Looking for some suggestions for shoes that "breathe".

Anyone have experience with the new DNA?

The tongue of the D.N.A. was designed to allow for more breathability over the top of the foot, in my experience it works well.  The last round I played in them I hung my foot out the passenger side of the cart and could feel the air cool the shoe down.

The genuine leather uppers also allow for more breathability than a synthetic material (mesh excluded). 

Our most breathable shoe would be the SuperLite CT. It is a full mesh design with a spikeless outsole.  If you are not concerned with the waterproofing of the shoe this could be your best bet for the ultimate in breathability.

• 1739 points

Welcome to the FJC.  Hope you enjoy it here, there are a lot of great people here.  

As for recommendations:  What Devin said.  

•  

I would highly recommend the DNA.  Great shoe that allows your feet to breathe.

• 4180 points

Devin covered it!  I'd have to think that any of the mesh shoes available would work for you.  As he mentioned the concern becomes waterproofing, but if you're staying dry, then go mesh!  (or maybe a pair of www.footjoy.com/.../45697)

• 1869 points

Cannot go wrong with the DNA's.  Another suggestion I would throw out would be the M Project Mesh shoes.   Also take a look at your socks.  FJ offers a wide variety in those as well, also all amazing.  And welcome to the community!!

•  

As most everyone have recommended, the D.N.A. is "cool" and does a great job, I agree!

In addition, I'm also in the high desert of L.A. county area.  It is a vast dry desert area, much like Las Vegas area and could be the same as what you've mentioned.  I have been playing in DNAs' since January and we have had some heat waves since that has gotten up in the 90s-- but it's only almost middle of May.  While those temps aren't peak, I'm sure the DNA will hold up to a much higher temp.

Playing 36 holes a day is a piece of cake for the comfort the DNA has to offer in the heat.  It has many other featured benefits other than its cool style and comfort.  They are light and are great for walking if you're up to that.  They are also a very well made golf shoes- it exudes durability, and not to mention it has a stable sole which is great for balance and action.  You'll also love the grip in its spikes!

You'll need to try them on to know how nice a golf shoe pair you'll be owning.

Welcome to the FJC!  We'd be interested to see which color combination you'll be in.

• 1698 points

I do not wear DNA's but according to my friends that wear them they say they are cooler.

• 1561 points

I would recommend the Superlite CT Spikeless shoes.  I found these shoes to be a great option for hot humid conditions.

•  

I would recommend the DNAs have worn mine about a dozen times now, most comfortable pair of golf shoes I've ever had with great breathability.

• 4835 points

I always add baby powder before the round to keep my feet dry.

• 108 points

Thanks guys for the responses. Got my black DNA's last week. Mostly pleased with them. Medium width a little tight but should be ok. One issue though and maybe I'm being a little crazy but with this forum maybe others will agree. Why would an all black shoe come with white spikes that you can see when standing over your shot/putt? I'm changing mine out to black.

•  

Way to go, n2FOREplay ....congrats!

While the FJ Staffs could probably better answer that for you, I have to agree- black Stealth Cleats would only be apropos with an all black shoes.

Also, I'm wondering, (1) did you have a chance to try them on prior to purchase?  (2) what socks are you in when in DNA shoes?

Anyway, try the TechSof Sport or the ProDry Sport.  I find them thinner in material, but also comfortable.

Congrats, again!

•  

n2FOREplay
    Thanks guys for the responses. Got my black DNA's last week. Mostly pleased with them. Medium width a little tight but should be ok. One issue though and maybe I'm being a little crazy but with this forum maybe others will agree. Why would an all black shoe come with white spikes that you can see when standing over your shot/putt? I'm changing mine out to black.

Never give that detail any thought.  I own 12 pair of FJs and my soles have various colors and my spikes are yellow.  Different brands make different colors.....more concerned about the grip that the spike provides......I use champs and they normally come in white and yellow..if you watch the pros on TV, you will see a lot of white spikes........when I stand over the shot I am looking at my target then the ball, not my shoes.........enjoy your new shoes.....great choice.........it is a matter of choices, with respect.........welcome to the community.......chuck  :-)

•  

Get some merino tour wool socks to go with your shoes. they breathe and keep your feet cool in the hottest weather !