Forums

Great CS as usual from Footjoy!

• 4318 points

I had a pair of Contour Casuals that had been discontinued (54315).   Picked them up last year and wore them to work daily (these were entirely spikeless, purely black leather - entirely a work/office shoe).  About a month ago I noticed that the left outsole was separating a bit from itself.   Now the shoes themselves were pretty well used (toe scuffs, etc) but that wasn't my concern as that's normal wear.  I just didn't want the shoe coming apart on me.

I emailed CS and sent my shoes in along with my purchase receipt.  I wasn't expecting much, but was more than willing to pay to have them repaired as I wanted to continue to wear them (they were rather comfortable and still in good shape otherwise).

About 9 business days after I sent them in, I received a package here at work (that'd be today).  I was kind of surprised when I saw the Footjoy logo as we were still short of the 10-15 business day timeframe and I hadn't received any communication one way or the other from FJ.

Opened the box and noticed that it had the image of the newer contour casuals on it (54356).  No way I thought, can't be new shoes.  Well sure enough it is.  The kicker?  I had been planning on picking up a pair (in a different color) for this season as I wanted something in spike-less.

Upside?  New shoes and great CS from Footjoy.  Downside ?  Time to find a new pair of work shoes (these are too sneaker like for our dress code requirements).  Needless to say though I'm very pleased with FJ.  I wasn't expecting much on this front as I admittedly had worn these shoes pretty well.  I was just looking to keep them alive a bit longer!

Thanks a ton FJ.  While I have definitely been in the FJ corner, this is my first CS/warranty experience and it was 100% perfect.

•  

Great testimonial!  Guess this is one of the many reasons FJ is the number one shoe in golf.  

• 1812 points

Great story.  I wish the company that made my running shoes that are peeling apart after a couple of months would stand up like FJ did for you.  

•  

Best CS and best company in golf, glad you are happy. Hope you stay and enjoy all that the FJ site has to offer.

• 1776 points

FJ is the best.

•  

If you're interested, BudgetGolf has the 54315 (FJ Spikeless Shop Shoe) in 7M and 14M.  You also might be able to find some through E-Bay or other discount golf websites.

• 4318 points

pulplvr
    If you're interested, BudgetGolf has the 54315 (FJ Spikeless Shop Shoe) in 7M and 14M.  You also might be able to find some through E-Bay or other discount golf websites.

Yeah I've been poking around.  Most of the available sizes I find aren't close to what I need.  I keep hoping to get lucky though :)