Forums

Best walking golf shoe

• 5 points

What is the most comfortable walking golf shoe?

•  

This is a very difficult question to answer, what is comfort? The definition is different for every golfer!

I think the D.N.A. is the most comfortable shoe we make, but others will tell you it is Contour, or FJ ICON, or DryJoys Tour, or one of our other shoes

We are not going to make an uncomfortable shoe.

How do you define comfort?

• 1959 points

tankerdog
    What is the most comfortable walking golf shoe?

DNA's are definitely up there.   My M Project mesh spikeless are amazingly comfortable as well.   Pretty much any FJ shoe you go with, your probably not going to be disappointed.  

•  

I walked over a hundred rounds last year and the year before that wearing four different styles of Icons. The fit is what is most important for comfort. The last of the Icons fit my foot really well and I like the more classic styling of the Icons also. You need to decide on a style, classic, sporty, or casual, and then find a pair that fit well. And they should feel good right away, almost no break-in time. Once you do that, any FootJoy shoe will feel comfortable. Cheers!

•  

M Series just based on weight alone!

•  

Tankerdog

You will note an underlying theme here to your question, and that is another question back to you, "How do you define comfort?"

I too wear Icons, and while I generally do not walk, I have in fact walked 36 holes in Icons on occasions. Not one blister and no fatigue at all. Perfect in every way.

Every golfer here will give you their personal preference for shoes. Don and I happen to love Icons. Others love the DJ Tour. Many are now falling in love with the DNA (including me). It's all a question of what kind of style do you like with your shoe?

Good luck.

• 1904 points

tankerdog,

You really can't go with wrong with anything FJ makes.  If I were walking, I'd opt for DNAs.

•  

My tours spend three to four days a week walking the links, with a sprinkle of contours and icons thrown in.  Think the new FJ Citys will find a home in the rotation.  FJs are just downhome comfortable.......

•  

I'm also an ICON wearer - 36 Holes walking multiple times; however, the DJ Tour Casual is also a very nice compromise.

•  

I walk exclusively and have worn many styles of FJ made over they years (like the other FJ Ambassadors in this forum)...while the ICON is a great shoe for walking in terms of stability hands down (going up and down hills, etc...) I would say the Dryjoys Casual is the most comfortable at the moment...albeit I have not tested the DNA on the course yet...(I have a pair on order at this moment).

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    This is a very difficult question to answer, what is comfort? The definition is different for every golfer!

I think the D.N.A. is the most comfortable shoe we make, but others will tell you it is Contour, or FJ ICON, or DryJoys Tour, or one of our other shoes

We are not going to make an uncomfortable shoe.

How do you define comfort?

I think a few reasons the DNA would be most comfortable is the make up of this shoe, for instance the tongue is razor thin, the sole flexes but has stability...etc, etc..... just to name a couple thoughts...

•  

I think it comes down to personal preference and what fits best and feels best on your foot.  Personally, after trying a lot of different FJ models, I prefer the Icons.  However, all of the shoes are very comfortable.  A lot of people seem to prefer a lighter shoe (such as the M Project or the DNA) for walking and this seems to make sense.  I have not tried the DNA yet but can see why a lot of people think this would be a good shoe for walking.

• 5107 points

I've walked a lot of rounds in the Dry Joy Tours, Contour Casuals and am now rolling my MProjects into my walking rounds. While I do love my Icons, I tend not to walk in them as much. They are white and I don't want to scuff them up.

• 387 points

A vote for Contours here. Several 36 hole days walking in Contours over the past few years without any issues.

•  

Try the new D.N.A.  They are a great shoe!