Forums

D.N.A vs D.N.A. BOA

• 704 points

Quick question for the FJ Community,

What is more preferred by the average player, regular laces or the BOA style?

• 1869 points

Only on Friday after 3:47 pm

•  

bc10966

I have both in the D.N.A. and much prefer the BOA.  I always say this, "There are people who love BOA and people who haven't tried it."  Laces are still more popular, but that is just because it is what people are used to, BOA is a better than traditional laces in every way.

•  

I still have not tried the BOA in any model.  I'm sure that they would be great, just need to pull the trigger.

TT

•  

Like many here in the community, I own a few but great pairs of FootJoy shoes (most have more).  But, my FJ Sport, and the M-Projects are in BOA lacing system- they are fabulous!  I just wish I had more pairs with BOA.

If you haven't had any FootJoy pairs in BOA, the DNAs' in BOA would be the sweetest first!

(Devin, I'm jealous!)

•  

No doubt the BOA is the way to go. If you haven't tried them, take the leap and try them.  You won't look back.

• 664 points

Interesting,  I have thought about them in the past and have asked guys I have played with about their BOA's.  They like them, and the BOA DNA's (say that 5 times fast) are White/Black which is a color combo I like.

May have to give it a shot.  They just do not enter my train of thought when thinking about shoes.

• 1745 points

Runchr, I agree with you.  My favorite color combination is the white/gray that the BOAs come in.  Double knotting when tying my current FJs should be a thing of the past.  

Time to pony up for some DNA BOAs.  

•  

I have tried both and strongly endorse the BOA.  The fit is solid.  

•  

I have both regular and Boa's. I absolutely would agree that my M Project Boas are the best.

•  

OUTIGER
    I still have not tried the BOA in any model.  I'm sure that they would be great, just need to pull the trigger.

TT

You will love them...common...give'em a try, but beware! you will get hooked! I will only wear BOA now...

•  

bc10966

At first, I was hesitant due to the strange look of the knob however after trying a pair I could not believe the solid feel and fit that the BOA offers...the laces are great but I think if more tried the BOA as many in this forum have it would be more the norm! IMHO

• 4180 points

I find that the regular person prefers non-BOA but I suspect it's only because of the visuals and not because of their function.  I do not own any BOA footwear (except in snowboard boots) but I have tried on a few FJ pairs and they are amazing.  I just can't pull the trigger as I do not like the look.  And that is what I suspect keeps people from trying them.

Listen to the folks prior to my post though, they have the experience and every report I've seen has them being wonderful shoes!

• 1649 points

I prefer the lace up style shoe.  I have seen the BOA knob get busted off a shoe when  guy stepped off a curb and caught it while coming down.  Was not a pretty site and he had to go change shoes.  But I hear the BOA is pretty nifty and can change people after a wear or two.  

•  

Personally, I have not tried it but am considering it for my first pair of DNAs.  I think the system sounds great conceptually, but I prefer a more classic look to my shoes and the knob makes that somewhat difficult.  That being said, I think in moving to a more progressive designed shoe, like the DNA, the BOA knob does not look as out of place as it does on some other styles of shoe.  I have heard primarily good things about the fit and feel with the BOA so maybe the DNA's are the way to give it a try.