Forums

Wide Foot with high instep

• 208 points

I have 3 older pairs of Contours that are XW - and they eventually fit my oddly shaped feet. I am need of more shoes now - are the Contours my best bet?

•  

GameOnBiff
    I have 3 older pairs of Contours that are XW - and they eventually fit my oddly shaped feet. I am need of more shoes now - are the Contours my best bet?

If they have worked in the past and you like them why change?  I would stick with what you have had success with!

•  

Game on...

Tell us a bit more of your thinking when you say "I am in need of more shoes." This group has many who buy shoes to go with every outfit. Others are happy with 5-10 pairs (or less). What are you thinking about sir? 5 more pairs or something like 1-2 pairs.

I ask because this way we can give you thinking and advice about styles and such. And of course Devin's response, wordy and elaborate as it is, hits spot on......

• 208 points

Thanks, Gentlemen. I have not had to purchase new shoes in about 5 years (bought 3 pairs then and all have lasted me very well in a rotation). I need new shoes now - none of the local shoe stores carry XW in anything - so before I order 3-4 new pairs of shoes (and possibly a custom pair of Myjoys) I wanted to see if anyone could give me some good info. Have the Contours changed that drastically in 5 years? Are any of the new models, while made on different lasts, suitable for a wide foot and high instep? I have seen that Competition Last may be the largest overall, but not sure if I have even found any shoes made with that last.

Looking to get a black pair, a white pair - and then 2 more pairs with no specific as to what I would want.

•  

GameOnBiff
    Thanks, Gentlemen. I have not had to purchase new shoes in about 5 years (bought 3 pairs then and all have lasted me very well in a rotation). I need new shoes now - none of the local shoe stores carry XW in anything - so before I order 3-4 new pairs of shoes (and possibly a custom pair of Myjoys) I wanted to see if anyone could give me some good info. Have the Contours changed that drastically in 5 years? Are any of the new models, while made on different lasts, suitable for a wide foot and high instep? I have seen that Competition Last may be the largest overall, but not sure if I have even found any shoes made with that last.

Looking to get a black pair, a white pair - and then 2 more pairs with no specific as to what I would want.

The last has not been altered on the Contour in that time period, nor has the slip last construction.  Comfy and Roomy as it has always been.  Obviously there has been some changes in aesthetics, as well as a newer outsole that provides a little more traction and stability.  

•  

I recently bought my first pair of MyJoy contours in a wide.  I always order contours in a wide and I finally got to wear them the other day and walked 18 holes and did not notice any change over the years.  I also own a pair of ICONs and numerous pair of Tours and they all fit the same.  FJ shoes fit extremely well and do not change, in my opinion, and I have been wearing the brand since 1985.  Here are the contours I ordered, Navy and White and love them......you cannot go wrong with the new contours.......chuck