Forums

M-Projects: Mesh or Leather

• 4928 points

I'm going to pickup a pair of M-Projects -- Lots of good deals right now but can't decide between leather or mesh.  Any strong opinions either way?

•  

I really prefer the leather ones.  I play most often in the morning and the leather helps keep my feet dry.  I would imagine that the mesh would get somewhat wetter, trodding through the rough and the edge of the woods at that hour.

•  

For use on course or casual? If course wear, go leather. Casual- mesh.

•  

I have leather in the spikeless.  Personal preference only...

•  

I like the leather also.

•  

If you play in really hot weather and no dew, mesh is fine, but I've found leather stays just as cool. IMHO.

• 1698 points

I love my leather.

• 1869 points

I have a pair of both mesh and leather.  Either way you go, you won't be disappointed.   Both great shoes, so mostly just personal preference.  

•  

I have both pair and the leather cleans up much easier than the mesh.  Both pairs are great to warm up in or just wear casually at my kids games.

• 4928 points

They are for on-course use and something that's a bit more sporty/modern than my other 'kicks. Minimising cleaning/polishing was key for these so I ordered the leather spike and spikeless models :)

• 691 points

I have two pairs of M–Projects; one black/gray one white/black.  I love these shoes and I hope FJ will continue to make them they are the most comfortable shoes and they break in so fast.  Leather is the best bet for the M–Projects.  Not only are they more comfortable (the cap on the toe of the mesh sometimes pinches your toes when you walk) but the leather holds the waterproofing better than the mesh.