Forums

Taking care of your/ my shoes

•  

Don, you are a man of boundless style. That all white ensemble is incredibly elegant. Do a Gary Player and do a "White Out" theme. Very cool.....

•  

golferdrmjr

Yeah, nobody does white anymore.

Sweet looking setup Don.  Love the belt and shoe combo!  

I have a similar pair of all white shield tips myself and love them.  I think the key to keeping them looking new is just cleaning them every time you play and keeping cedar shoe trees in them whenever they are not on your feet.

•  

Mike_C

golferdrmjr

Yeah, nobody does white anymore.

Sweet looking setup Don.  Love the belt and shoe combo!  

I have a similar pair of all white shield tips myself and love them.  I think the key to keeping them looking new is just cleaning them every time you play and keeping cedar shoe trees in them whenever they are not on your feet.

Definitely, clean them every time! Once they get stained from course chemicals and fertilizers, they never look as white again. Cheers!

•  

I tried a Tide cleaning bleach pen on some of those pesky creases on the sides of my white shoes. Worked quite well.

Of course I followed it up with conditioner and a nice buffing to make the chemicals are all off.

• 658 points

I think i just lost my breath. Man that Shoes and Belt combo is sexy!!

•  

Tar Heel
    I tried a Tide cleaning bleach pen on some of those pesky creases on the sides of my white shoes. Worked quite well.

Of course I followed it up with conditioner and a nice buffing to make the chemicals are all off.

I have never considered the Tide pin.  Gave it a try after seeing this post and agree that it works much better than I anticipated.  Thanks for the tip!

• 691 points

Saddle soap and mink oil works great for me. I do it at the end of the season before I put them away for the winter and they staff soft and supple and never dry out.  best easy cleaning you can do

• 4897 points

Boot store is always a good choice for finding hard to match colors. There is a great Cobbler here in Dallas. If I something I can't  take care of with the techniques mentioned here I take my shoes to them.

Here is a link to a Shoe repair company in Detroit.

theshoerepairshop.com

•  

I have a bottle of leather cleaner for the seats of my car.  After each round I buff some of that on my Icons.  It works great for a quick cleaning.  If they're really dirty I'll use some mink oil on the brown ones and the FJ White shoe polish on the whites.

•  

joshgiano
    I have a bottle of leather cleaner for the seats of my car.  After each round I buff some of that on my Icons.  It works great for a quick cleaning.  If they're really dirty I'll use some mink oil on the brown ones and the FJ White shoe polish on the whites.

That's what I do.  Same leather cleaner/conditioner I use on my cars gets used on my shoes after each round.