Forums

Taking care of your/ my shoes

• 1596 points

I have a great pair of Footjoy Tour (my favorite). I picked a color that is not common and I do get many kind remarks. To care for these shoes I use "saddle soap" to clean, and a "neutral" polish to protect them from conditions we all expose our shoes. The question is.. how do we cover up the skuff marks?

Thanks

•  

There are lots and lots of comments on here about caring for shoes.  Do a bit of searching and you'll find lots of recommendations and suggestions.

•  

Senior! Hey, how are you? Good to see you back.

I am assuming the shoes you have are not white in color. Maybe a brown perhaps? I don't want to steer you wrong on the advice. If you can. a small amount of polish can work at getting the scuffs out, depending on the severity of the scuff. I personally find browns  and cordovans to be the hardest to work with. You could try a bit of the leather conditioner, since it will remove a bit of it. But again, without knowing the severity....

If a white shoe, you can take a small amount of Soft Scrub on your finger and gently rub on the scuffed area. Since most white shoe scuffs are darker, this tends to work well. But be extra gentle, since the abrasives in the Soft Scrub can ruin the leather if rubbed to vigorously.

For black, simply use black polish and some leather conditioner. I've never know black to ever require more than that.

Good luck sir!

• 1776 points

Boot stores carry many different colors of polishes. Tandy leather had numerous colors of dyes.

Nobody does white anymore.

•  

GolfGuyInTx

Boot stores carry many different colors of polishes. Tandy leather had numerous colors of dyes.

You mean like this:

Yeah, nobody does white anymore.

• 1776 points

Refinish and touch and scuffing up was the topic golferdrmjr

•  

golferdrmjr
    GolfGuyInTx

You mean like this:

Yeah, nobody does white anymore.

Those are some nice looking whites Don...

•  

Thanks Mike, it takes a lot of dedication to keep them that white. You just have to do it. :-)

•  

Sweet, Mr D!

• 1976 points

Great thread and thank's for the info. Those whites are slick!

• 1596 points

I do appreciate the answers. I am headed for a boot store, and see what they can offer. Thanks to all

•  

TNT009
    Sweet, Mr D!

Thanks T$$$!

• 5035 points

Don, just curious -- how many rounds of golf have those shoes seen?

•  

I may need to revisit the all white theme...... Dev, we need all white pants!

•  

i clean my shoes every time I use them. I first get all of the dirt of the bottom with a spike cleaner then I will use a towel and warm soapy warm water and a tooth brush it gets the dirt off and makes them look nice longer