Forums

Replacement Spikes (XPS-1)

• 1739 points

I couldn't find anything in search, so was hoping someone would know.

A couple of the spikes on my XPS-1s have broken.  I was looking to get replacements.  The cyclone spikes are the right ones, correct?  

Was hoping to head over to Golfsmith at lunch today to pick some up.  Thanks for any help.

•  

They are the cyclone's with a fast twist connector.   You likely not be able to find the original clear spikes though, I believe those were made solely for us.

Best,

DG

•  

As always, Devin is right on top of things.  Good luck with your replacement spikes, kmcmellen.

• 1739 points

Thanks Devin, the help is much appreciated.  That's ok, the clear doesn't stay very clear for long anyway.  They look cool though.  I remember my old Air Jordans with clear soles didn't stay clear for long either.  As long as they're the right spikes and work, that's what matters.  Thanks again.

• 661 points

This is a timely post KM, I am in need of some spikes for my XPS-1's.  Let us know how the search went.

• 1739 points

The search went better than expected.  I was able to find the exact spikes that came with the shoes.  PGA Superstore has the limited edition clear spikes.  They were $13.  Better news is that PGA also had some FJ shirts on sale, so I picked one up as well.  

The bad news is that the old spikes are almost impossible to get out.  There must be some dirt clogged in there pretty solidly, since I've managed to only get 2 spikes out thus far.  The wrench seems to want to tear the plastic from the holes without moving the spikes out at all.  Any one have any tips?  I was thinking of putting the shoes in the freezer for a few minutes to maybe stiffen up the plastic long enough for me to try and get them out.

•  

kmcmellen
    The search went better than expected.  I was able to find the exact spikes that came with the shoes.  PGA Superstore has the limited edition clear spikes.  They were $13.  Better news is that PGA also had some FJ shirts on sale, so I picked one up as well.  

The bad news is that the old spikes are almost impossible to get out.  There must be some dirt clogged in there pretty solidly, since I've managed to only get 2 spikes out thus far.  The wrench seems to want to tear the plastic from the holes without moving the spikes out at all.  Any one have any tips?  I was thinking of putting the shoes in the freezer for a few minutes to maybe stiffen up the plastic long enough for me to try and get them out.

Softspikes has a "CleatKaddy" that features a ripper head, or the "Cleat Ripper".  They will take out he spikes if the holes are tearing.

•  

Interesting, I did not realize the cleats were that limited! I better go pick some up for my XPS shoes...they are some of my favorites!

• 1739 points

I posted a picture with my last post, it must not have come through.  To get the spikes out, I soaked them in water for a few minutes, up to the height of the soles.  I worked them back and forth a few times, then they popped right out.  

Hopefully, the picture will post this time.  Hope it helps you guys find the spikes you need.  By the way, the standard color cyclones will work too.  I checked both sets at the store to make sure they're the same.  The standard cyclones are brown and black though.  

• 661 points

Thanks for the info KM.  I will have to look at another retailer, or order them online.