Forums

DNA question

• 376 points

Long time lurker thought it was time to start getting a little active in the community.

I've been thinking about getting a pair of  DNA's and was reading on another site about people having problems with the spikes falling out and not staying in.  Wanted to get some input from this community to see if this has been a problem for anyone here as well.

• 4333 points

I haven't seen any mentions of that from our members.  We have quite a few wearing them so hopefully you'll get a bunch of replies!

• 4333 points

Oh, where are my manners!?!  Welcome to the FJC.   Stick around and hang out.  You'll find a great group of folks here.

• 1812 points

Welcome to the forum, at least in a more active capacity.  It's a great place.

I don't own a pair of DNAs.  I haven't heard any negatives from other forum members regarding their pairs.  If you're seriously considering them, I wouldn't worry.  In the unlikely event that something like that would happen, FJ stands behind their product every time.  Contact them and they will take care of the issue promptly.  

•  

WELCOME TO THE GROUP MKODRICH.

I THINK YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR VISITS HERE. A GREAT BUNCH OF FOLKS.

I HAVE NOT HEARD OF THE SPIKE PROBLEM, BUT I'M SURE DEVIN AND THE FOOTJOY STAFF WILL HAVE A REPLY SHORTLY.

AGAIN, WELCOME.

• 2507 points

Welcome MK.  I will also say that no one on this site has mentioned a spike issue.  I did find a forum on another site that is relatively new and mentions spike issues with DNA's although I believe its a new spike system in general.  

•  

mkodrich

Long time lurker thought it was time to start getting a little active in the community.

I've been thinking about getting a pair of  DNA's and was reading on another site about people having problems with the spikes falling out and not staying in.  Wanted to get some input from this community to see if this has been a problem for anyone here as well.

Welcome to the sunlight MK, no need to lurk in the shadows. :-)

I read that on GolfWRX myself, but have not hear from anyone in person that has had that problem. I know FootJoy recommends checking the spikes on new shoes before wearing for the first time. Just to make sure there are no loose spikes from the factory, it's a good idea to make sure they are all tight. That could be the problem, we'll have to hear from Devin to be sure. Again, welcome aboard!

•  

Welcome!! I have not had a problem with my DNAs but I only have 1 range session in them. If there is a problem FJ will take care of it, no doubt about it.

• 206 points

No problems so far! Just wore them for 36 walking without breaking them in! Most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. Even nicer to walk in then my M Project's.

•  

I know a couple of people here who have the DNA's and are playing in them.  I've not heard of any problems along those lines.  There was a similar issue raised about the MProjects when they first came out, and the response was as Don says--check the spikes on new shoes to ensure all are properly tightened before wearing them for a round of golf.

•  

Welcome, mkodrich!

Since I've had the DNA, I believe it was in early January of this year.  I just fell in love with the style and its great comfort altogether right away.

Since then, not only do many people talked to me about it and wanted to see it, many also placed an order due to its inspiring good looks and comfort I've described to friends and fellow members at my club.  Because of all those reasons, it easily became my Saturday gamer pair, and sometimes even on Sundays as well.  I think I only missed one rainy weekend of play since, but I've also gone out for more than a few weekdays because of Team Play season, we've gone out on mostly Fridays and some Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  I like walking in them for each first round I go out, and then I ride for the next 18... Or whatever is left on a daylight.

In my previous review of the DNA, I have not mentioned durability, until now, I don't think.  The DNAs are a very well made shoes.  Just by its looks, the construction of it is meticulously crafted.  The performance experience I've had with them each time I'm out playing in them are simply admirable to say the least.  I have not had any problems with them what so ever.

If anyone has issues or unusual experiences about it, please have them contact FootJoy's customer service and seek advice or help.

But, you cannot go wrong with these terrific pair of DNAs.  Whether you like to play once a week or as many times you love to play golf, you are in for a treat with comfort and great looks and its amazing durability.  So stable right from address to swing finish.  They are light and great for walking and of course, if you ride.  Accent colors are available if you care to be stylish.  It's just a great pair of golf shoes...  I hope you decide on it as we all look forward to see you post a picture of it here as well.

Thank you for this opportunity to tell you, and all, about the new FootJoys' awesome DNAs.  It is always a pleasure each and everytime I get a chance to submit my thoughts on FootJoy products.

Once again, welcome to FJC!

No'l

• 376 points

Thanks for the feedback and the kind welcomes.

I've been a long time Footjoy wearer and have never had any problems, so reading on another site that people said they had problems surprised me.  Don't see any reason why I should be hesitant to purchase.

• 206 points

Just saw a pair the other day!  They look awesome and I don't see any problems with them!!  In fact we are all ordering some in our shop

• 16 points

I posted here about losing some cleats from my new DNAs and was immediately contacted by FJ customer service about sending some new and improved cleats overnight.  I got them.  They are sending me more for my 2nd pair of DNAs, so long story short:  FJ cares about their customers and makes it right.  That's all I care about and kudos to FJ, well done.  I am a happy customer.

• 3 points

Hi there. New to this so bear with me! I purchased my first pair of DNA's from American Golf in May, just before a 3 day golfing trip to France. I played a round in them before I went