Forums

First time out with DNA's

• 1585 points

DNA's look sweet and my feet are looking forward to being back in the FJ's this season and giving the "Stripes" a rest!!

• 1585 points

Dirt, what courses did you play?  How were the green fees this time of year?  Course conditions?

• 1012 points

YES, BUT IT IS THROUGH THE MYJOY CUSTOM SHOE. YOUR LOCAL PRO SHOP CAN GET THE INFO OR JUST PULL UP MYJOYS N FJ WEB SITE

•  

Had three folks at our event last weekend wearing them and their glowing reviews will definitely encourage more sales!

• 1936 points

We played Pebblebrook on Friday, rained all day Saturday (my luck), and Grandview I think on Sunday.  Both in Sun City West.  Nothing spectacular, but finally got out to hit the new sticks.   Conditions were good, very dry.  Guess it hadn't rained in 70 days or so?   But it does the one weekend I come to play golf!    Greens were fast and hard, but good condition.   I could have been in a corn field playing and been happy though coming from 0 degree temps.  

• 1550 points

I love them.  Best shoe I have ever worn!!  I have few rounds under my belt and I am with you, ultimate comfort.

• 657 points

So the DNA are more comfortable than Icons?  That's hard to believe.  The ICONs are great.  

•  

jph4387
    So the DNA are more comfortable than Icons?  That's hard to believe.  The ICONs are great.

The D.N.A. features far more cushioning that is for sure, if you like a firmer feel ICON is likely better for you.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

jph4387

The D.N.A. features far more cushioning that is for sure, if you like a firmer feel ICON is likely better for you.

'Couldn't have been said any better, DG.  I love both the DNA and the Icons- like many will as they try them.

•  

Well I broke out my newly arrived DNA's this weekend and put them in play. I must say, they are much better than advertised! As one who absolutely loves the Icon range, this shoe was a new experience and feel for me. The results:

It has been stated here before to some degree, but let me be specific... make sure you get fitted properly for this shoe. I wear a size 10.5 in every other FJ shoe, and in the DNA I'm a size 10.0. And I am thrilled I made certain of the fit, or I would have been sliding around in the shoe instead of being snuggly cradled the way my foot was.

The DNA construction is much more slipper like as opposed to shoe-like. By that I mean the uppers are much more supple and flexible. The footbed itself is also much more cushioned (as Devin mentioned), and feels like a running shoe. Makes the entire feel much more comfy, and not in a sloppy way. Just less firm and structured.

One other thing. The spikes on these are the more grippy spider type, so walk carefully on greens. If you are a foot dragger, you will put scuffs in the grass. I made a couple marks on the greens myself and took note of these much more aggressive spikes (vs. the Icons Champ Stingers) so I didn't make a mess out there.

Overall, these will make many folks very happy on course.

•  

Tar Heel
    Well I broke out my newly arrived DNA's this weekend and put them in play. I must say, they are much better than advertised! As one who absolutely loves the Icon range, this shoe was a new experience and feel for me. The results:

It has been stated here before to some degree, but let me be specific... make sure you get fitted properly for this shoe. I wear a size 10.5 in every other FJ shoe, and in the DNA I'm a size 10.0. And I am thrilled I made certain of the fit, or I would have been sliding around in the shoe instead of being snuggly cradled the way my foot was.

The DNA construction is much more slipper like as opposed to shoe-like. By that I mean the uppers are much more supple and flexible. The footbed itself is also much more cushioned (as Devin mentioned), and feels like a running shoe. Makes the entire feel much more comfy, and not in a sloppy way. Just less firm and structured.

One other thing. The spikes on these are the more grippy spider type, so walk carefully on greens. If you are a foot dragger, you will put scuffs in the grass. I made a couple marks on the greens myself and took note of these much more aggressive spikes (vs. the Icons Champ Stingers) so I didn't make a mess out there.

Overall, these will make many folks very happy on course.

So Randy...at the end of the day will you be wearing the Icons more or will the DNA"s become a bigger part of your shoe collection??

• 2507 points

It has been mentioned that on the new DNA's that the fit seems to be a 1/2 size smaller than the icons.  Is that what everyone who purchased the DNA's is finding?  and thus order a half size smaller than my icons?

•  

I'm a little concerned about the fit of the DNAs.  I wear a 13 and they don't have a 12.5.  So I guess I'm going to have to try them on and see if I'm a 12 or 13.

•  

tdogg21
    I'm a little concerned about the fit of the DNAs.  I wear a 13 and they don't have a 12.5.  So I guess I'm going to have to try them on and see if I'm a 12 or 13.

As always the best advice is to find them and try them on.  The wider last combined with the soft leathers definitely give them a roomier feel.

A guy in our office went from the 13 to a 12 in the D.N.A. so I would not be surprised if you had to.

•  

My 9.5's fit like a glove.  Same as all my other shoes in FJ.  Wore them today and they were so comfortable.

TT