Forums

First time out with DNA's

• 1936 points

Had to go 1700 miles to play, but finally made it onto a course in Arizona.   First time out with the new DNA's and I couldnt be any happier.   After most rounds my feet are a little sore, they felt amzing after playing all weekend.   Still need to be broke in a bit more but AMAZING shoes!!!  

•  

Dirt4900
    Had to go 1700 miles to play, but finally made it onto a course in Arizona.   First time out with the new DNA's and I couldnt be any happier.   After most rounds my feet are a little sore, they felt amzing after playing all weekend.   Still need to be broke in a bit more but AMAZING shoes!!!

I am surprised you feel they need to be "broke in" more.  They are the most comfortable shoe out of the box I feel we make!

•  

This says a lot.... I have worn every pair of my Icons and always felt great "right out of the box." Never feel like they need more break in at all. Dirt, perhaps your feet just weren't used to being in a golf shoe.

My DNA's will be here next week and I'll do a comparison of it vs. the Icon.....

•  

My DNA's were perfect right out of the box.  Afterwards they were cleaned, shoe trees installed and stored for the next time.

After 6 rounds in them, I can say that these are one of the finest products to date.  Look forward to getting my new pair and even trying the BOA version.  I just need to get an official FJ shoe bag for them.

TT

•  

Mine (DNA) were as well- perfect out of the box.

And although I missed last Saturday & Sunday golf because of rain, there were always at least a couple of folks who asks about the shoes.  May it be on course or in at the clubhouse at a turn...

The most popular comment are the two together saying, "Great looking shoes- Looks very comfortable!"

It's so engaging each time, and yes, it's always a pleasure to let everyone know how good it feels to be in it and play golf in it!

•  

I tried the DNA on yesterday and they do feel nice... Icons break in fast, about the 5th hole I don't feel anything!

• 4345 points

I'm jealous of all of you!

I need some spikeless shoes before I grab a pair of DNAs.  But it'll happen this year!

• 1936 points

The bottom seems a little built up on the plastic is where I am feeling it could break in a bit more.   Not complaining about it, its an amazing shoe.  Just feels to me after a few rounds it will be even better.  

• 1936 points

Also very true.   Been quite a while since my feet have been in a golf shoe.  

•  

I got to test the DNA, and they're incredibly light and comfortable.  I won't get away from the icon, but I do really like the DNA

• 106 points

I'm going to jump on this thread guys, my first time. I just ordered new DNAs Saturday. It turns out my right foot is size 10 and my left is 91/2. I went with the ten, but now I discover FootJoy has something called BOA, which supposedly allows you to adjust each foot separately! Is this true, and should I have gone with this option? (The rep never mentioned it).

•  

shaydog
    I'm going to jump on this thread guys, my first time. I just ordered new DNAs Saturday. It turns out my right foot is size 10 and my left is 91/2. I went with the ten, but now I discover FootJoy has something called BOA, which supposedly allows you to adjust each foot separately! Is this true, and should I have gone with this option? (The rep never mentioned it).

BOA will certainly give you a tighter more custom fit than laces.  However, they would not provide an entire half size change.

• 1833 points

Shaydog, welcome to the forum.  Don't be shy about jumping right in, there are a lot of great and knowledgeable people here.  

I'll leave it to more knowledgeable people than myself regarding the BOA system and whether it could help your situation.  Devin will probably be along shortly to explain.  You're right it does exist for the DNA's.  

• 106 points

Is it possible to get shoes with two different sizes, or would this be prohibitive?

• 503 points

Shaydog, you can order them that way (MyJoys).

WW