Forums

Shoe Care and Maintenance Products

•  

Hey Randy, need your mailing address for the UPS man, so I can ship my shoes to you every over other week for expert cleaning...think I can afford your rates....ha...ha....chuck  :-)  

•  

Chuck

As a more affordable alternative.... Nordstroms will do golf shoes as well, and only charge $5.00 a pair ($2.50 for a regular pair of shoes). I've been going to Nordy's for years to get my dress shoes done. Give the guy  $5 spot and you get the best shine anywhere for the money. Have had conversations out here with the guy who does shoes in Newport Beach, and he cracks up at my golf shoe collection.

Funny story. First time he did my shoes we got to talking about doing golf shoes because he had 2 pairs of the Ecco brand sitting there waiting to be picked up. As we talked I told him about my shoes, my shoe care regimen, and other assorted topics. Showed him some snaps of my shoes.

About a month later I was back in there. Didn't tell him who I was. As we talked we again got on the golf shoe topic. He then mentioned to me how he met this nut job who had "all kind of crazy colored custom golf shoes" and stuff. I started laughing and asked him if he remembered the guy? Whipped out my phone and queued up a picture. He laughed a big old laugh and we shared some more good conversation.

He promised never to break bad on me again.

•  

Allen Edmonds also has great shoe care products...been using them for over 20 years and my FJ Golf Shoes stay well polished and conditioned as a result.  IMHO

•  

Tar Heel
    Chuck

As a more affordable alternative.... Nordstroms will do golf shoes as well, and only charge $5.00 a pair ($2.50 for a regular pair of shoes). I've been going to Nordy's for years to get my dress shoes done. Give the guy  $5 spot and you get the best shine anywhere for the money. Have had conversations out here with the guy who does shoes in Newport Beach, and he cracks up at my golf shoe collection.

Funny story. First time he did my shoes we got to talking about doing golf shoes because he had 2 pairs of the Ecco brand sitting there waiting to be picked up. As we talked I told him about my shoes, my shoe care regimen, and other assorted topics. Showed him some snaps of my shoes.

About a month later I was back in there. Didn't tell him who I was. As we talked we again got on the golf shoe topic. He then mentioned to me how he met this nut job who had "all kind of crazy colored custom golf shoes" and stuff. I started laughing and asked him if he remembered the guy? Whipped out my phone and queued up a picture. He laughed a big old laugh and we shared some more good conversation.

He promised never to break bad on me again.

Randy:  Great story.  Nut job, that is funny.  Closest Nordstroms is in Charlotte, NC.....maybe I could pay my wife to do my shoes,  NOT.....then will have to continue doing them myself.....am retired what else do I HAVE to do other than play golf......guess you collection would grab anyones attention, golfer or not.....chuck  :-)

• 515 points

Toothbrush, mink oil and shoe trees!