Forums

FootJoy Icons - Available Styles?

• 5 points

Hey there!

I have a question concerning getting a new pair of icons. I just recently bought a pair of the brown wingtip #52252 and I absolutely love them!   They are the most comfortable, and durable shoe I have ever had on my feet. My only issue is that they are brown and brown shoes only match so much.  

So I want to buy a new pair now.  I spoke to the pro at my local golf course in AZ and he said that they could be ordered since they did not have my size or particular color choice. After comparing the options on the FJ webpage, and other internet commerce sites I have noticed that there is different colorways, and styles. I am wondering if there is a list of different styles available for order?

I want to support my local course and buy through them instead of golfsmith.com.  The pro told me I could give him the number, for example #52252, or #52245.  But I want to know what other styles are available other than the 8 on the FJ website. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Armand

armand.slason@gmail.com

•  

The eight you see on the website are the only FJ Icons that will be moving forward in 2014.  Anything you see on golfsmith, golflocker, etc. that is not those eight models will be older stock.  Nothing has changed under the hood of FJ Icon since it's initial release so these are only cosmetic changes, the performance characteristic will all be the same.  If you want to go through your local pro, you will likely have to stick to those eight models.

Icons are also available though MyJoys.com, if you are unfamiliar you can basically order custom FJ Icons in whatever colors and sizes you desire!  You may then email the custom shoe you designed to your Pro and he can have them ordered for you.

•  

Armand

Devin has given you the straight and narrow on the styles availability. Right from the horses mouth as it were.

My advice, especially this time of year, is to also hit eBay. I know you want to support the local course (brilliant), but to supplement your soon to be growing collection you might snag a couple at huge savings. That will help offset some of what you spend in some MyJoys, because I see some in your future!

Like many Ambassadors here, I have been wearing the Icon since it's launch in late 2009. It 's comfort is superb right out of the box and the visual appeal is beyond compare. This is why I say your collection will grow. Our good friend Hokies here in the Community is sneaking up on nearly 90 pairs of Icons!

Thanks for joining and best of luck in your search.

•  

and looking hard at a couple more of those savings right now!

•  

Welcome to the Community Armand, you've come to the right place for info. I'm also a big fan of the Icons and have 11 pair currently. The really cool part of the MyJoys program is the larger variety of styes and color options available. The toughest part is deciding which colors to choose. Here are pictures of my last two pairs of MyJoys, from mild to wild. Good luck and welcome aboard again.

•  

I agree, I am a big fan of the icons and would highly recommend them...here are a couple pair I recently ordered...

Not as colorful as Bobby but my speed completely!

Good Luck!

Chris

•  

Black and White Chris? Man you are WAY out on that color ledge, aren't you?

•  

Tar Heel
    Black and White Chris? Man you are WAY out on that color ledge, aren't you?

The don't have enough material in other colors for Chris' feet...he's got to stay with the staples of black and white

•  

Mondo
    Tar HeelBlack and White Chris? Man you are WAY out on that color ledge, aren't you?

The don't have enough material in other colors for Chris' feet...he's got to stay with the staples of black and white

Oh, that. Maybe it's just that Chris cant afford the surcharge FJ would charge him for creating other colored leathers in his, um, shoe size......

•  

Outstanding Don and Chris - terrific designs.  Love to see the FJA logo on the side!  

Armand - Welcome aboard.  Suggest you go onto the MyJoys Colors site and try putting together a design of your choice.  The site is located at www.footjoy.com/myjoys/colors/

You will be amazed at how may different options you can put together.  

Good luck.

BTW - you can never go wrong with a MyJoys Icon!