Forums

E'erbody in the club makin' new shoes

•  

Pony
    UA has shoes per Jordan Speith facebook page ----

Jordan Spieth

January 9

These are my new Under Armour golf shoes. I was fortunate to have input on the design and they're amazing! -Jordan

www.footjoy.com/.../3579393.aspx

•  

Well done Chris.

• 2568 points

@golfchick and Golferdrmjr - my comment was because I saw this post  and comment that UA maybe next. I was aware of UA shoes and Speith.  

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That being said, there's a lot of money to be in shoes and apparel. Since companies are in business to make money, this is no surprise. Who knows, UA may be next. Ogio has lots of experience in apparel and thinks their golf shoes will sell. Oakley thought the same thing.

So golfdrmjr do I get a way to go as well.  

• 2763 points

As terrific as FJ shoes are increased competition will just make them even better. They will remain # 1.

•  

Pony
    @golfchick and Golferdrmjr - my comment was because I saw this post  and comment that UA maybe next. I was aware of UA shoes and Speith.  

fredcloss 

8 days ago

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That being said, there's a lot of money to be in shoes and apparel. Since companies are in business to make money, this is no surprise. Who knows, UA may be next. Ogio has lots of experience in apparel and thinks their golf shoes will sell. Oakley thought the same thing.

So golfdrmjr do I get a way to go as well.

Oh, sure, well done Pony. But please, remember this is FootJoy's website. We really don't need pictures of other brands ugly shoes tainting this Forum. Thanks.

• 348 points

I am still available for a shoe deal.  I have not committed to anyone yet..

• 348 points

I am still available for a shoe and apparel deal....

• 6 points

No One can compare to FJ.  They are chasing the Champ!!

• 6 points

I agree

• 719 points

I saw on the Golf Channel/PGA show, Ryan Moore is now backing a new shoe company called True Linkswear making golf shoes. Saw the spring collection on their website. Hope it works our for him.

•  

RMH49
    I saw on the Golf Channel/PGA show, Ryan Moore is now backing a new shoe company called True Linkswear making golf shoes. Saw the spring collection on their website. Hope it works our for him.

True Linkswear actually started in 2009. At the 2010 PGA Show, they had a booth set up much like a shoe store, and you could try on your size. It was crazy busy in there, and I think PGA professionals who placed an order got to take their size home free.

•  

And people made fun of the M-Projects look.  The True Linkswear shoes are truly clown shoes.  Just paint them red.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    And people made fun of the M-Projects look.  The True Linkswear shoes are truly clown shoes.  Just paint them red.

TT

I couldn't agree more. I was amazed so many people were enthralled with them.

• 5130 points

Just read that Sketchers are entering the segment too.

t.golfweek.com/.../skechers-golf-shoes-pga-merchandise-show

•  

Yeah, we saw these at the show last year. Ugly, too light, don't feel stable. They are almost too light.

They are adding women's shoes as well. The women's GoGolf "premier" style we saw had a suggested retail of $125.  I don't recall the name, but it had argyle, sparkles and cutouts. I sort of expected then to have Smurfs or My Little Pony on them.