Forums

D.N.A. Sizing - Official Thread

•  

I have been fielding many questions concerning the fit of the new D.N.A. shoe and felt it was necessary to create this thread to keep all these sizing questions in one spot.

The most common questions has been, "How do they fit compared to the FJ ICON saddle featuring the Laser last?" 

We always suggest going through a proper fitting in-shop; however, we cannot let these questions go unanswered.

The best guidance here is that the D.N.A. last forefoot width falls between the Laser last (FJ ICON Saddle) and the M:Project last so it should fit slightly wider than a laser lasted shoe like a saddle ICON but not quite as roomy as an M:Project.  The Laser Last is very similar to the Laser Plus Last so you can swap in DryJoys Tour here as well.

The U-Throat also provides more of a generous fit compared to a standard v type upper.  Also,  the new super-soft ChromoSkin leather can give the perception of a roomier fit.  This leather is unbelievably soft, feels great on the foot!

Let me know if you need any additional info!

Best,

DG

•  

These shoes will not disappoint.  They are very comfortable right out of the box and have great stability .  The DNA will instill confidence in it's great looks and comfort.

TT

•  

Thanks DG, I haven't played in mine yet but wearing them around the house it feels like the fit is very similar to my ICONs and at this point it hard to notice a difference. The big differences I notice just wearing them at home is the "locked in" feeling the new heel and tongue provide for my feet. Looking forward to teeing it up and providing a full review.

•  

Whaql1
    Thanks DG, I haven't played in mine yet but wearing them around the house it feels like the fit is very similar to my ICONs and at this point it hard to notice a difference. The big differences I notice just wearing them at home is the "locked in" feeling the new heel and tongue provide for my feet. Looking forward to teeing it up and providing a full review.

The 3D Foam collar is probably my favorite feature! Feels so good!

•  

I'll give my review when the Orange pair drop!!    Hint Hint!

• 1135 points

Ok, with that bit of wisdom and information, I am going to put mine on order today when I get to the course for work.  Now to decide on what colors to get.  

•  

Thank you, Devin, for providing this clarifying information.  Good to know you're looking out for all of us.

• 4146 points

That would depend on if you like Gundy or Stoops. Orange or Crimson? I noticed that FJ was sensitive to the State of Oklahoma's Intrastate issue.

•  

Stoops is a proven winner. As is OU.

oswho is still up and coming in football.

TT

•  

My DNA's are starting the new year right.  I have 3 rounds in with them for a combined +4 (72,75,70)  

It cannot be said enough about the comfort and stability of these shoes.  Plus I have had the pleasure of talking about them and the FJC to many people in the last week.  

TT

• 3700 points

Devin,

Stellar writeup, thank you.  Still looking for room in the budget to pick up some DNA's :)

• 123 points

I'm a FootJoy loyalist with almost 30 pair of Classics, Classics Premier, Icons, you name it. I have a pair of the DNA's on order through our pro shop and can't wait. Dissapointed however in that I'm a 9.5 EEE. Not many options in the DNA for X-Wide, at least yet . . . any clues on when the "fun" styles will come in the X-Wide?

•  

9.5 Triple E
    I'm a FootJoy loyalist with almost 30 pair of Classics, Classics Premier, Icons, you name it. I have a pair of the DNA's on order through our pro shop and can't wait. Dissapointed however in that I'm a 9.5 EEE. Not many options in the DNA for X-Wide, at least yet . . . any clues on when the "fun" styles will come in the X-Wide?

This shoe runs pretty wide compared to the models you speak of.  It is closest in fit to an M:Project in which many people who normally wear a wide could wear a medium no problem.

Also, four of the seven styles already come in a 9.5 XW, but it would not shock me if you could wear a 9.5 W in the D.N.A. and feel fine.

•  

Dev, 8.5 W in an ICON...wide or medium in the DNA?

• 294 points

Glad I don't live close to you, I thought I was being ahead of the curve ordering mine which aren't shipping until mid-Feb! FJ never disappoints!!!