Forums

Golf Galaxy not offering all Myjoy Styles?

•  

I bought a couple new pair of Myjoys BOA shoes today but Golf Galaxy only offers one ICON BOA style? What's up?? Anyone have any insight?  I was hoping to get a new pair of the XPS BOA's...

•  

Chris, my buddy works at the one in Tri-County (that means nothing to most of you but Chris and I are from similar area) , I will ask him and follow-up with you.

• 704 points

Try using your local golf shop, they should be able to order any style Myjoy you are looking for.

•  

if they aren't willing to help, you can always try golflocker.com or give Rick a call.

•  

It surprises me that they sell MyJoys at all. The big box retailers usually don't like to do special orders. I think that you will have much better luck with your local PGA Professional.

•  

Redskins87
    Try using your local golf shop, they should be able to order any style Myjoy you are looking for.

I had a gift certificate for Golf Galaxy...otherwise I would have gone a different route...sorry, should have said that upfront! Thx

•  

Whaql1
    Chris, my buddy works at the one in Tri-County (that means nothing to most of you but Chris and I are from similar area) , I will ask him and follow-up with you.

Thanks, I would have thought they would have had all the options since it is nothing more than a link into the Myjoys system...

•  

tdogg21
    if they aren't willing to help, you can always try golflocker.com or give Rick a call.

I have bought a few pair of Myjoys from golflocker.com and the transactions have gone smoothly and I believe at the time they offered the entire line...FWIW

•  

19hole
    It surprises me that they sell MyJoys at all. The big box retailers usually don't like to do special orders. I think that you will have much better luck with your local PGA Professional.

I have to admit I was surprised as well.  When I was in the store, a sales rep saw me looking at FJ Shoes and we got into a discussion about the FJ Products.  When I mentioned I wear a size 14 Narrow he obviously had nothing in stock close to my size or width outside of some other manufacturers products which was not my focus.  Thus, he went to the Kiosk to help me order some Myjoys (I was impressed they even offered the service in store) but he could not figure out how to do it...thus I just went online and did the order.  Also, when you order online with Golf Galaxy...which I may never do again since there was problem after problem with the process, it is very much order inside the box type of system...I wanted to add a custom length SC OTR Putter and they could not easily even know how to do that! Amazing...just goes to show that your local PGA Pro and shop are a valuable resource and place to do business!

•  

I don't want this to sound sarcastic, but it probably will....

A big box, any big box, is pretty much a cookie cutter operation. Make no mistake, GG is a "big box" in every way. Remember, it was founded by two former Best Buy executives, and then sold off to "Richard's" Sporting Goods. The pretense of a box is to sell all the national brands. But the limitation in that is they want you as a consumer to stay well inside the guardrails they set up.

I too discussed seeing the FJ sales catalog on a counter in a Chicago store a year or so ago. Same discussion as Chris. The guy was quick to explain that I could get a great deal on a MyJoys product, but only selected items. I sort of gave him a hard time and asked how it was such a good deal if I couldn't get exactly what I wanted from a custom product selection tool? Obviously he had no good answer, except the usual retort about having a better price.

It's pretty simple really. If you want to buy something at the lowest price there are plenty of stores that will accommodate you. But if you want high service levels, respectful treatment, the full menu of options, and a longer standing purchasing relationship, then you need to seek out a location with all those amenities (PGA guy perhaps?).

Sorry for the "retail rant." I deal with this every day in my business where nothing is valued anymore by the trade, and everything is demoted to commodity status, leaving the consumer vulnerable to low quality and poor service just to lure you into the store. Very frustrating....

•  

Great points! +1