Forums

Boa

• 1146 points

So, I just got my first pair of Boas and I love them...at least around the house. It's too cold to play in DC. Why do these seem to be more popular on the LPGA than any of the mens tours?

•  

I LOVE all my BOA's as well! I used to think they were clunky looking and/or not attractive however once you "feel" how the fit of your shoes is perfect you will have a hard time going back to traditional laces.  It is interesting that the LPGA has a greater acceptance of these vs the PGA however I noticed this year the largest number of guys on tour wearing BOA so maybe it is just a slower acceptance mindset.  

The biggest aspect of BOA is that I feel because of the additional support they offer it has helped shave a couple strokes off my game during each round.  Plus, I never have to re-tie my laces multiple times during a round to ensure that "tight" fit...

Just my two cents! Enjoy your BOA's!!

• 1146 points

I couldn't agree with you more. The fit is amazing and unlike laces, it seems that the boa won't slip/loosen up during a round. It seems that availability of styles with Boa is limited. Hopefully, it'ss continue to gain in popularity and FJ will offer more selections. of course, there's always MyJoys.

•  

I've been looking at BOAs for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger for two (dumb) reasons.  First, I don't think I like the "knob" on the back of the shoe.  If i wore them with long pants, I don't think I would mind as much.  But almost all of my golf is played in shorts.  I am considering a pair on Sport BOAs.  I think the BOA knob looks a little better on the non-traditional shoe.  Second, I worry about what I would do if the lace broke.  I know it's covered under warranty and it's unlikely to break, but I wonder what I would do if I'm mid round and it breaks.  But that's just my irrational need for control.  haha.  The truth is, you'll never find a better fitting shoe.

• 704 points

I tried my first pair in the Dryjoys Tour version and love it! Fit great and I can see owning more shoes with the BOA in my future!

• 1146 points

Redskins87
    I tried my first pair in the Dryjoys Tour version and love it! Fit great and I can see owning more shoes with the BOA in my future!

I've had my eye on those for quite a while now. Those just might be my next pair of FJs.

•  

Your guys make a pretty strong case........am a walker and this could help with the shoe laces coming untied on occasions....might have give these some consideration on next purchase.......thanks for the insight

•  

In addition to the BOA complements from all, I love the "quick release" feature!

"It's not just a reptile anymore!"

•  

Just ordered two more pair of MyJoy Icon BOA's yesterday...love the fit, feel and stability!

Pretty traditional colors but that how I roll...love the BOA's!

•  

noeldaof
    In addition to the BOA complements from all, I love the "quick release" feature!

Great point, after a round it is a "snap" to get out of my shoes plus putting them on is quick as well! I walk almost all my rounds and this is a nice feature at the end of the day!

• 1362 points

I only recently purchased my first BOAs and have played 4 rounds. What I love the most is the 'equalized pressure all through the tongue area and sides. Unlike tieing shoelaces where most of the pressure is at the bow.

•  

JosephR

I only recently purchased my first BOAs and have played 4 rounds. What I love the most is the 'equalized pressure all through the tongue area and sides. Unlike tieing shoelaces where most of the pressure is at the bow.

That's right, JosephR!

The knob location in the back of the shoe helps make this happen.  Once the BOA closure system constricts, it brings the shoe together and helps mold in the foot and makes it a great feel and fit.

•  

Chris92009

noeldaof

Chris92009

Great point, after a round it is a "snap" to get out of my shoes plus putting them on is quick as well! I walk almost all my rounds and this is a nice feature at the end of the day!

Absolutely, Chris92009!

Quick release = Quick relief.

I walk half my rounds, maybe more than ride.  Comfort: just a click away.  (pun intended)  :-)