Forums

2014 FJ Shoes

• 1393 points

I was looking through the 2014 accessories catalog and I started wondering how often FJ comes up with new shoe designs.

•  

Actual shoe designs - there is something new every year -  as far as styles (ICONs, DryJoys, etc.) - not so often.

• 1362 points

Did you notice any new slides in there? Really need a pair but holding off to compare the current with any new ones.

•  

JosephR
    Did you notice any new slides in there? Really need a pair but holding off to compare the current with any new ones.

There will be no alterations to the FJ Slide in 2014.

•  

There you go. Order with confidence!

• 1362 points

Awesome! Will do.

• 734 points

All I know is I can't wait to see whats new for this year in both shoes and Apparel!

•  

Dev: DryJoy Tours have gotten away from the traditional four color saddles.....bl/w, br/w, w/w, bl/bl..... have w/w,bl/bl, and bl/br/w combo now.....guess I am a  basic guy......any reason......

•  

There are probably a hundred reasons why any shoe is or is not in our line.  Market research and how well a product is received by golfers weighs heavily on decisions to add or remove anything in our line.  The amount of discussion that goes into these decisions is staggering.

I once had a talk with one of our tour reps about this very thing.  Standing on the range at Bay Hill a colleague of mine stated that almost everyone on the range (in FJ) was wearing some form of a white base with black saddle shoe.  Our Tour Rep said simply, "next time you come here, everyone will be in white with brown."  

What he meant by this is, golf footwear, specifically traditional colorways are very cyclical.  What is well received right now, likely will not be the following year.

That is why we mix it up and change the line as often as we can.

•  

Guess I had better take good care of my tour brown/white and black/white saddles, at least until they come out again.......supply and demand.......

• 4928 points

Change is good. I like a lot of the new models.

• 1652 points

I like the 2014 line up, and I will have a few pairs on order after the first of the year.   Just have to narrow it down from the almost 100 pairs I like to just five.  Going to be a long weekend.

•  

ChuckZ
    Guess I had better take good care of my tour brown/white and black/white saddles, at least until they come out again.......supply and demand.......

Chuck, you can always go the MyJoys route and get exactly what you want.

• 1393 points

Devin_Gmitter
    There are probably a hundred reasons why any shoe is or is not in our line.  Market research and how well a product is received by golfers weighs heavily on decisions to add or remove anything in our line.  The amount of discussion that goes into these decisions is staggering.

I once had a talk with one of our tour reps about this very thing.  Standing on the range at Bay Hill a colleague of mine stated that almost everyone on the range (in FJ) was wearing some form of a white base with black saddle shoe.  Our Tour Rep said simply, "next time you come here, everyone will be in white with brown."  

What he meant by this is, golf footwear, specifically traditional colorways are very cyclical.  What is well received right now, likely will not be the following year.

That is why we mix it up and change the line as often as we can.

Wow, this is really interesting. So the tour guys like the saddle shoe variations? I guess they really are more conservative than I'd previously thought. I'm pretty conservative myself but I try to avoid khakis and saddle shoes as much as possible.

•  

I like saddle shoes in my spikeless versions since I can easily wear them to the office!