Forums

Dan Plan here, ready to talk comfort and looking for a second pair of FJs

• 2509 points

Dan -- if you are looking for some FJ's now is a great time as several sites are offering Icons as well as other models at great prices.  Some under $90 a pair.  Check out www.golflocker.com and the FJ shoes - cosmetic blemishes.  You may want to also look at them as well as goldsmith for some great deals on FJ shirts depending on your size.  

•  

Dan, I used to live by DryJoys and then moved to Contours and now I play in DryJoy Tours and have been very happy with them.  I walk four to five days a week and do rotate my shoes and use cedar shoe trees.  The main reason I prefer the tours over Icons is because I have a wide foot and they do fit me more comfortably and do not require a breakin period "for me".  Shoes are a personal item and once you find the one for you stick with it but, like everyone else, you will need multiple pairs, based on the number of times you play.  Not to overdo it, but welcome aboard.  Chuck

• 272 points

Thanks Tar Heel,

This is good stuff to know.  I agree that the most important thing that I have not been doing is to have a few pairs of shoes that I rotate.  I do play at least 6 days a week and here in Portland, OR sometimes it's impossible for them to dry by the next day as it rains quite a bit.  

Thank you for the advice!

Dan

• 272 points

Hi Professor3,

I've never used a shoe tree nor have I really heard about them.  I will have to get one and see how they help.

Cheers!

Dan

• 272 points

Hi ToddL,

Wow, 20 different FJs, that's sweet.  I have heard about the stability of the XPS shoes and will have to try those out.

Thank you for the advice and have fun with those 20 pairs.   I hope that means you are getting to golf at least 20 times a month :)

Dan

• 272 points

Hi Pony,

Thanks for the site advice.  I bet there are some solid end of the year deals right now.  I'll check that site out,

Dan

• 272 points

Hi ChuckZ,

Another recommendation for cedar shoe trees, I definitely need to get some of those as my shoes never quite dry out through the winter.  Thanks for that and for the friend request on here,

Dan

• 272 points

One more thought for everyone.  The rains just began here in Portland, OR.  What's the best winter-weather FJ out there???

Thank you all for the advice thus far,

Dan

•  

Dan,

DJT's are super comfy.  I've got two pair.  You should definitely try out the M: Projects and the new DryJoys Causals.  The M's are lightweight and super comfy (I have the spikeless).  I've heard the DJ Casuals are really awesome and as a spikeless they still have great traction.

•  

DanPlan
    One more thought for everyone.  The rains just began here in Portland, OR.  What's the best winter-weather FJ out there???

Dan

Again I would have to go with the XPS-1 or ICON for wet or wintery weather.  And there are plenty of options on the apparel side to keep you dry.

TT

• 272 points

OUTIGER
    DanPlanOne more thought for everyone.  The rains just began here in Portland, OR.  What's the best winter-weather FJ out there???

Dan

Again I would have to go with the XPS-1 or ICON for wet or wintery weather.  And there are plenty of options on the apparel side to keep you dry.

TT

Sounds good with me.  I have to try both of those out soon.  So many recommendations on them!

• 1836 points

Dan, I read a bit on your website.  I wish you the best in your endeavors, it's truly amazing.  I wish I had the same guts to try and pull it off.  I'm sure my wife and kids would be none to happy about me spending our life savings trying to do the same, although I'd love to.  

As far as shoe recommendations go, I'm a diehard XPS-1 guy.  I have a few pairs from other brands, but those will go away soon.  I've only been an FJ guy for a little over a year, so as the others get rotated out, I'll rotate more FJs in.

• 1393 points

You might also want to check out the M:Project spikeless. They're super comfortable, come with a 2 year waterproof guarantee, and cost a lot less so if they get wet and dirty through the winter it's not as big of a deal as getting your Icons dirty.