Forums

Velcro...Please come back!!!

• 5 points

I don't care what kind of laces a pair of Women's golf shoes have - they won't stay tied on my feet.  I don't know what it is about my feet, but no matter how many knots I use those darn laces are always untied halfway down the first fairway!!!  Don't suggest slip-ons...I can fall out of those standing still on a flat tee box!  So I have been wearing the same pair of Women's golf shoes for..I don't know...10 or 12 years?  Why oh why did velcro straps go the way of wood woods?  Please, Foot Joy, bring back the velcro!

•  

I don't see us going back to velcro but it sounds like you are a perfect candidate for FJ golf shoes featuring the Boa lacing system!

Here is an excerpt from the BOA site:

"Our proprietary closure system of steel Lace, nylon guides and a mechanical reel was designed to address the long list of deficiencies found in traditional closures. In the process, we improved upon the performance of every other closure system on the market—from laces to buckles, and ratchets to hook and loop systems.

The result? Get a perfect fit with the simple turn of a knob, free of the stretch, weight, and hassles of old-fashioned closures. Enjoy a significantly improved level of comfort along with durability, light weight, fast and convenient operation, and on-the-fly adjustment. The list of advantages goes on."

FJ shoes with Boa are highly popular on the LPGA Tour, here is a link to one of our models featuring the system.

www.footjoy.com/.../99038

•  

As much as I'd love comfort for the consumer, Velcro just looks plain ole Cheap... Like 'The Voice said, head to your local shop and try the BOA system!

• 2718 points

In addition to BOA solving your lace problem they are  extremely comfortable .

• 4937 points

@Jersey Sue, +1 to the BOA's.  They keep the exact pressure/fit the whole round.

• 3 points

I'm with you i'd like to see velcro. I'm disabled , and it would be nice snug fit. Than one tying with laces.

•  

FJ golf
    I'm with you i'd like to see velcro. I'm disabled , and it would be nice snug fit. Than one tying with laces.

I don't see velcro making it into our line anytime soon.  The BOA technology far exceeds any performance benefits that velcro may offer.

• 4897 points

Duct tape comes in a variety of colors.

• 4897 points

Please let me offer an apology. I did not read the entire thread. I did not mean to make light of people with disabilities.

Sincerely,

Mark

•  

The boa system is very easy to use, looks and holds better than velco ever could. Take a look at those! And welcome!!

•  

BOA's may be a bit more expensive than the traditional laces, but the fit is outstanding and most importantly, consistent.  You can always tighten (or loosen) and re-lock if needed.  Much better and stronger than velcro ever could be.  

•  

Ms. Jersey Sue;  welcome to the FootJoy Community!

FJ Staff Devin and many others gave what advise I had.

I only have 2 shoes with BOA lacing system but love them.

It is easy to work with and I love the quick release feature including how quick I can put my shoes on.

The link shown from Devin's post is what my wife has her eye on.

Good luck!