Forums

Dating a beautiful pair of FJ Classics with 12 metal spikes

• 4565 points

Great looking shoes (the first ones and the most recent ones).  Amazing information Devin.  Thanks for sharing!

• 5452 points

I think Foot Joy could offer up limited edition classics and make a killing! I expect that to do so would be to essentially handcraft the shoes...But I'll bet the lasts are still around and it could be done..What say you Foot Joy??!

• 18 points

That is really cool to hear. The mystery is solved as far as colorization. I'm lucky to have found them. Thank you so much for your sleuthiness.

•  

Pretty good there Devin -  I have a small (older catalog) that has the custom classics in it.  I have a pair of White/Yellow ones -  the style numbers was 50825 hard to make out in the shoe but that's the number on the box.

•  

pistolpete
    I think Foot Joy could offer up limited edition classics and make a killing! I expect that to do so would be to essentially handcraft the shoes...But I'll bet the lasts are still around and it could be done..What say you Foot Joy??!

The lasts remain but that is about it, all the machines, and people are gone.  If we ever went that route, they wouldn't be made by us.

• 18 points

If I may ask, what was the retail price for the Custom Classics? Were these the top of the line?

thanks again for all your investigatory prowess.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

pistolpete

The lasts remain but that is about it, all the machines, and people are gone.  If we ever went that route, they wouldn't be made by us.

And they would be pretty expensive too!

•  

golferdrmjr

And they would be pretty expensive too!

I have to agree on the price side.  You have to have a product with a price point where people are willing to buy and that you can make at a reasonable cost.  There are so many great options out the in the FJ line already with such cutting edge technology that seem to make much more sense from both a consumer and production side of things.

•  

just wowee