Forums

Dating a beautiful pair of FJ Classics with 12 metal spikes

• 4617 points

This is pure and simple SHOE ***!!! Properly taken care of, these babies will last another 25 years!

• 3296 points

Every time I see the headline of this post, I read it as "dating a beautiful pair...".  As in a date with a girl wearing a pair of FJ's ;)

• 18 points

I found two pairs of these shoes brand new at a garage sale recently. The only thing is one pair is colored silver on the toe piece, heal piece, and saddle piece. The other pair is copper colored in those places. I was wondering if they could have come from the factory that way or if somebody had them colored somewhere. The pieces aren't colored all the way around. The color stops where the pieces meet the sole. Looks like somebody colored them with a Sharpie, but I know it is some sort of shoe polish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

•  

RetreatWI
    I found two pairs of these shoes brand new at a garage sale recently. The only thing is one pair is colored silver on the toe piece, heal piece, and saddle piece. The other pair is copper colored in those places. I was wondering if they could have come from the factory that way or if somebody had them colored somewhere. The pieces aren't colored all the way around. The color stops where the pieces meet the sole. Looks like somebody colored them with a Sharpie, but I know it is some sort of shoe polish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you possibly have an image? Is there an SKU inside the shoe?

• 18 points

I took some pictures for you. I don't see a way to upload them however. Inside the silver shoes is the model 51409, 10E (size), 37042A, and A9. Inside the coper shoes is 51409, 11D, 38211A, A4. I can upload the pictures if you can tell me how to do it.

Thanks.

•  

The 51409 is a very old all white classic wingtip but I am still very curious what these look like.

See the screenshot below for adding an image.

• 18 points

Here are the photos of the shoes along with their style number. It sounds to me like these awesome shoes were only offered in white. What do you think?

• 2383 points

Wow those are great looking shoes - can't wait to hear what Devin has to say.  the first MYJOYS custom colored by the owner.  They look in great shape.  The coloring if done later was VG as you see that all the perforation holes are very clean white.  

The brown (maybe bronze as you say) look similar to shoes that Billy Horschel wears often with Navy slacks.  

•  

RetreatWI
    Here are the photos of the shoes along with their style number. It sounds to me like these awesome shoes were only offered in white. What do you think?

That is quite the mystery, I have forwarded to our R&D team to see if they can judge how this was done.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    RetreatWIHere are the photos of the shoes along with their style number. It sounds to me like these awesome shoes were only offered in white. What do you think?  That is quite the mystery, I have forwarded to our R&D team to see if they can judge how this was done.

Call Scooby Doo and the gang.  They will figure it out.

Those are/were some very nice shoes, hope it all works out for you.

TT

• 3296 points

Great looking shoes! Are you able to use them on course?  Or just for show?

• 18 points

I wish I could use them but they are not my size. I was looking for information on the colorization and then I'll decide what to do with them.

•  

RetreatWI
    I wish I could use them but they are not my size. I was looking for information on the colorization and then I'll decide what to do with them.

Found a surprising amount about those shoes.  

They are Custom Classics, The 10E was actually made in January of 1999 and the 11D in 2004.  We believe they left the factory like that nothing was done aftermarket.

• 5304 points

Great looking shoes... the precursors to the MyJoys!.  Great find and always interesting to learn a little more about the history of the brand we all love.

•  

Interesting information Devin.