Forums

2nd post! All croc shoes?

• 10 points

Hello all,

For my second post I'd like to broach the subject of MyJoys.  Is there a way to get the croc accents across the entire shoe?  Please go easy on the flaming, I know it's pretentious, I play in a tourney every year that has a best dressed prize and it's the look I'm going for.

•  

It really isn't practical to do the entire shoe in most if not all of the patterned prints. Those prints do not hold up very well when they are formed with some of the bends that are in the shoe.

As cool as it may look with some of the prints, it doesn't seem practical for a long lasting shoe.

•  

19hole
    It really isn't practical to do the entire shoe in most if not all of the patterned prints. Those prints do not hold up very well when they are formed with some of the bends that are in the shoe.

As cool as it may look with some of the prints, it doesn't seem practical for a long lasting shoe.

19 you stole the words right out of my mouth.

I want to welcome you to the FJ Community and thank you for your interest in FJ MyJoys.

Using print leathers as a base for MyJoys, unfortunately, negatively affects the durability of the shoe.  Undoubtedly some great looking shoes would be created if it wear allowed!

FJ is committed to offering superior quality and performance, but we will take your suggestion in to consideration as we continue to test new materials and technology.

Thank you for your continued support of the FJ brand!

Best,

DG

• 1648 points

One thing to consider is sweat collecting in the creases of the pattern. The salt collection in the creases of leather is the enemy and is a good reason to keep shoes clean.

•  

Hey Andy, welcome aboard. I too wish we could get full coverage with the prints. However, the shield tips are the next best thing, as you get the most coverage all over the shoe. You can get some pretty wild combos with base colors and accents on a pair of shield tips. Check out my avatar picture, if you click on it two separate times, you can get a larger version for a better view.

•  

Being that is not a possibility with faux croc.....here are a couple of possibilities to consider with the FJ MyJoys.....just food for thought.....you can just go crazy to meet your personal taste..........this is more on the conservative side.........and let me add my welcome to the community......encourage you to take a few minutes and finish your profile and stick around and enjoy the interaction of the FJ community.....it can be very helpful......chuck  

•  

GolfGuyInTx
    One thing to consider is sweat collecting in the creases of the pattern. The salt collection in the creases of leather is the enemy and is a good reason to keep shoes clean.

As is the use of cedar shoe trees!

•  

andynice20, if you want to be "best dressed" check out some of the shoes/outfits posted by TNT009, Tar Heel, and GoHokies (see 2013 New Shoes, and the Apparel thread).  They are definitely the the style setters of the Forum.  Just go FJ, color coordinated, from head to toe and you should be in a favored position.  Welcome to the Forum.

•  

welcome!  and don't worry.  you won't find any flaming of posters here.  honestly, if you look through some of the shoe threads, you'll see some pretty outrageous shoes!

like other said, it might look good with some of the patterns, but it just wouldn't hold up well enough.  and a shoe that didn't last for many years of use would be very un-foot joy.  but with you go with the shield tips or asymmetricals, you can get a lot of the pattern on the shoe.

•  

ChuckZ
    Being that is not a possibility with faux croc.....here are a couple of possibilities to consider with the FJ MyJoys.....just food for thought.....you can just go crazy to meet your personal taste..........this is more on the conservative side.........and let me add my welcome to the community......encourage you to take a few minutes and finish your profile and stick around and enjoy the interaction of the FJ community.....it can be very helpful......chuck

Here is the top shoe you posted, only in person. These are obviously unworn, as the bomber will distress to the lighter brown you see on the site.

If there was ever a "Devo Collection" these would certainly make the cut!

•  

Andy

Welcome to FJ. You've already gotten great input from folks here on an "all croc" style. The shoe to get if you want the most total shoe coverage is the shield tip like Devin has shown. And with complimentary colors, it will win you prizes 9 out of 10 times.

As my friend Pulp has noted, many of us have large collections of FJ with a variety of styles. I use the Asymetrical, and have paired various colors with the croc, lizard, tortoise, snake, and patent accents. You'll trust me when I say every pair of shoes is always noticed and commented on. Homies and TNT go big as well. The message is, you don't need the whole shoe to be croc to get the oohs and ahhhs you aspire to.

Welcome again. Check out the MyJoys tool and have some fun!

•  

Andy, must admit that I like your thinking as I quite like the idea or an all croc (snake,lizard,tortoise,etc)

Hey FJC, didn't FJ use to offer all croc FJ classics (at some astronomical price) before release of Icon ???

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    ChuckZBeing that is not a possibility with faux croc.....here are a couple of possibilities to consider with the FJ MyJoys.....just food for thought.....you can just go crazy to meet your personal taste..........this is more on the conservative side.........and let me add my welcome to the community......encourage you to take a few minutes and finish your profile and stick around and enjoy the interaction of the FJ community.....it can be very helpful......chuck

Here is the top shoe you posted, only in person. These are obviously unworn, as the bomber will distress to the lighter brown you see on the site.

If there was ever a "Devo Collection" these would certainly make the cut!

That is a beautiful shoe......very classic.......I love the prints....the blue is my second favorite.......seems like everyone is steering Andy in the right direction with MyJoys......he should come up with a winner......

•  

CROCMAN
    Andy, must admit that I like your thinking as I quite like the idea or an all croc (snake,lizard,tortoise,etc)

Hey FJC, didn't FJ use to offer all croc FJ classics (at some astronomical price) before release of Icon ???

Yes they did, in real lizard, ostrich, or crocodile. I think they ranged from $1,500 to $3,000 depending which leather was used. But they did come in a nice box with a matching belt if I am not mistaken.

•  

golferdrmjr
    CROCMANAndy, must admit that I like your thinking as I quite like the idea or an all croc (snake,lizard,tortoise,etc)

Hey FJC, didn't FJ use to offer all croc FJ classics (at some astronomical price) before release of Icon ???Yes they did, in real lizard, ostrich, or crocodile. I think they ranged from $1,500 to $3,000 depending which leather was used. But they did come in a nice box with a matching belt if I am not mistaken.

That is about fair market price on real skin shoes.....the matching belts are priced to match.........how many of those do you have in your collection of shoes............