Forums

Alternatives to Meguiars -- Mother's??

• 4925 points

I know many of you swear by the Meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner products.  

Unfortunately, in my part of the world they aren't available but I have found the "Mother's" line of products. Do any of you use their products?

•  

I have always used Saddle soap and it has served me well for many years..........another choice.......cz  : )

•  

can't speak to them from personal use, but in the car world, Mother's is very popular.  i've always been a Meguiars user for my cars, so i just bought an extra bottle for my shoes.  but if i was a Mother's (or Adams or Zaino) user, i probably would have just grabbed their stuff.  

•  

LIKE YOU I HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING MEGUIARS (VERY POPULAR) SO I USE MOTHERS REGULARLY.

A LITTLE DIFFERENT CONSISTANCY BUT SEEMS TO DO THE JOB JUST FINE.

• 4925 points

Thanks -- sounds like it's a good substitute.

Chuck -- I use saddle soap every so often for a cleaning, but wanted a leather conditioner for more regular use.

•  

The only problem with "cleaners" on golf shoes is they can break down the "paint" on the shoe and cause it to come off. Simple water, possibly with a little soap added, and a microfiber cloth works very well and will not harm the finish. IMHO.

•  

Mini

Th eproduct needs to be a leather conditioner. Used after a round, it will clean the residue off the shoe and lay down a series of emolients to keep the leather soft and supple.

•  

miniwarmth
    Thanks -- sounds like it's a good substitute.

Chuck -- I use saddle soap every so often for a cleaning, but wanted a leather conditioner for more regular use.

Have always worn the Dryjoys and just used the saddle soap......maybe I should use a conditioner......and get another year or two out of them?  Maybe?????  

• 1649 points

I used Mothers products on my Mustang for a long time. I highly recommend them for helping preserve your FJ shoes.  

• 1698 points

I clean my shoes with saddle soap and follow up Feibels Aussie leather conditioner.

•  

GolfGuyInTx
    I clean my shoes with saddle soap and follow up Feibels Aussie leather conditioner.

Might have to look for that and use it after I do the saddle soap number.  Welcome to the community.  Join in on the interaction

anytime.....we are just a bunch of golfers who have a passion for the game and love our FJ products........Chuck  : )