Forums

Kilties

•  

Because of the rounds that made cleaning maintenance tougher from dirt/dust while walking, I would use it if it becomes available.  I never knew its purpose until then.

Its purpose is a good reason to have them on - Not primarily the fashion.  The style in the past is the past.  If FJ decides to bring it back, I would imagine it would have the look of "current".  

(No pom-poms please)

• 5025 points

Bring back the kilty! Think of all the color combinations! I had a great pair of shoes in the 1970s red, white, and blue shield tips with blue kilties. They rocked!!

• 2474 points

I would have to agree -- fashion seems to go full circle

DOGLOSKI
    THERE ARE THOSE WHO WOULD SAY THAT THE BEST FOOTJOYS EVER MADE HAD KILTIES,,,,,,,,,,JUST SAYING,,,,DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THEY REAPPEAR AS ACCESORIES TO SOME SHOE MAKERS PRETTY SOON.

FASHION ALWAYS EBS AND TIDES SOMEIMES 40-50 YEARS LATER..

• 2474 points

Thanks CZ -- those would look good with black slacks. and a sweater.  And a few players have been seen on tour with cardigans.   Maybe even a cardigan sweater.  

ChuckZ
    BostonBuzzaDoes anyone have any pics, Polariods Im sure that you could share.  I don't think I have ever seen them before

Downloaded a classic pair of FJs for your entertainment.....b/w wingtips.....these are actually online for sale for $49.95.....and Devin, now you know.....cz

• 4881 points

Just saw a video on GolfChannel.com from the PGA Expo out in Vegas and the FJ Rep showed off a new pair of kiltie shoes for the 2014 women's line. Looked very nice.

•  

There are a lot of courses out there that have rough full of grasses with nasty, sharp, sticky burrs. We have a lot of them down here and untying your shoes with the laces full of burrs can be painful. I've had to use needle nose pliers to take off my shoes in the past. Kilties might be a neat little add-on for such courses. I'm going to find some kilties and, maybe, some spats that will cover the ankles. Rattlesnake guards, perhaps?

•  

fredcloss
    There are a lot of courses out there that have rough full of grasses with nasty, sharp, sticky burrs. We have a lot of them down here and untying your shoes with the laces full of burrs can be painful. I've had to use needle nose pliers to take off my shoes in the past. Kilties might be a neat little add-on for such courses. I'm going to find some kilties and, maybe, some spats that will cover the ankles. Rattlesnake guards, perhaps?

Fred spats (spatterdashes) were more mainly for decoration of the finer dressed (not that you aren't). Probably better suited would be Gaiters/Putees/Leggings

Leggings sadly are now mostly associated with Jane Fonda and her Lycra infused excercise videos of the 80's. Gaiters would probably be a more apt description of the ankle and lower leg covering. Also a "putee" often seen in British WWI uniforms is a cloth strip which is wrapped around the upper ankle often going to knee high.

Althought I was not present for the event but a member of our Scout Troop wearing gaiters was struck by a snake which was probaly no more than 3 feet long. Sadly for him but amusing for his friends the snakes fangs did not *** the gaiter but stuck in the leather laces.

From then on any time he entered a room several of his "friends" always felt compelled to imitate the dance he did to dislodge the snake along with his high pitched screams.

Gaiters

putee

But hey I knew what you meant