Forums

Please keep retailing traditional styles

• 36 points

please keep retailing a tradition style and look golf shoe.

•  

We always will, I can promise you that.  Styles will evolve and change but I don't see us ever completely abandoning traditional style golf shoes.  Some golfers like ultra modern, some like traditional, we recognize both are necessary.

Don't worry good sir!

• 36 points

Good news , but to be honest I don't see them in the retail stores much anymore . I.e. Golfsmith , Edwin Watts . I would love to see a traditional all white wingtip , and an all black wingtip.

•  

We have both.  www.footjoy.com/.../52245

Product 360

Big box retailers, like golfsmith or edwin watts decide what is best for each market, it could be they don't think it will do well in your area.  Our product breadth is so deep it would be hard to find a place with every single style we offer.

• 3293 points

@ParmanMike - welcome to the FJC.

I bought a pair of black DryJoys at GolfGalaxy earlier this summer(www.footjoy.com/.../productview.asp) . They had a few other styles in DryJoys that I would term traditionalY ) ***saddle's, etc). But they were the only brand that had these styles.  I didn't think any of the other brands even came close to looking like "golf shoes".

•  

there is a need for a multiple different styles.  and i think FJ has done a great job of hit every market.  the Icons, Sports, and Contour Casuals hit each segment for me.  add to that the MyJoy options and you will be able to find anything you want or need.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    We have both.  www.footjoy.com/.../52245

Product 360

Big box retailers, like golfsmith or edwin watts decide what is best for each market, it could be they don't think it will do well in your area.  Our product breadth is so deep it would be hard to find a place with every single style we offer.

GolfGalaxy/Dicks and Edwin Watts are number one and number two respectively in the industry and I have shopped with Edwin since 1985.  They do an excellent job in stocking what sells in their market.  Additionally, they will normally order what you want from Footjoy......they have been strong in the Charleston market where others have come and gone.....we are a small city but have three retailers here that do an outstanding job with Footjoy products:  Dicks, Edwin Watts and ProGolf Discount.....and Footjoy products prevail in each of these stores......and then of course, we have a large number of golf courses in the area, because, afterall, we are a tourist destination.......number one industry in South Carolina..........cz  : )

•  

ParmanMike
    please keep retailing a tradition style and look golf shoe.

Hear, Hear !!!

Welcome to the FJ community ParmanMIke.

•  

I have not shopped in a golf store in years...only order items via my PGA Pro Shop as well as online!  The choices are much better and it makes me think outside the box occasionally!  But then again, I wear tall sizes and large shoes so that also has something to do with it! LOL

•  

Try GolfLocker.com - they have a huge selection of FJ products and are very reliable (IMO).

•  

I agree Golflocker.com does a great job!

•  

I have found that the big box stores, do not due justice to the type of shoes then can get. They only have so much floor space. Just go around and size test and then order online what you want. Much cheaper and lots of places even give you a slip to send it back if it's the wrong size.

Golflocker has a huge selection of FJ and they always have something good on closeout sales!

• 4617 points

RANDYWILDMAN
    I have found that the big box stores, do not due justice to the type of shoes then can get. They only have so much floor space. Just go around and size test and then order online what you want. Much cheaper and lots of places even give you a slip to send it back if it's the wrong size.

Golflocker has a huge selection of FJ and they always have something good on closeout sales!

And the closeout sale season is in full swing! I agree with Randy, Golflocker has a great site and I found a great ICON saddle at:  www.tgw.com

Happy shopping to all!

• 36 points

Great tips fellas . By the way , I live in Katy , Texas , just west of Houston ..Where are you guys from .

•  

ParmanMike
    Great tips fellas . By the way , I live in Katy , Texas , just west of Houston ..Where are you guys from .

HI PARMAN, WELCOME TO THE GROUP. I THINK YOU WILL LIKE IT HERE.

WHEN FOOTJOY TELLS YOU THAT THEY HEAR WHAT YOU SAY,,,THEY MEAN IT.

THESE FOLKS ARE THE BEST.

MY GRANDSON PLAYS GOLF FOR SEVEN LAKES HIGH SCHOOL IN THE KATY SCHOOL DISTRICT AND I LIVE IN KINGWOOD,,,,,,,,,,HOWDY NEIGHBOR..