Forums

BOA - Black and Red FJ Sport

• 1362 points

Hi all,

This is my first post here on the FJ Community. I am in the market for a pair of FJs but have so many questions that I hope people's experiences can assist me with. Has anyone managed to accidentally break the cables in a BOA system? Would there be any stretched cable issues over time which would cause the inability to tighten the shoe? Lastly, I was watching the Golf Fitness Academy last season and noticed Dave Phillips was wearing an all black pair of FJ Sport with a red heel - I cannot find this particular shoe, would it just be custom made for the TPI guys or is it possible to order?

Thanks for your help FJ Community

•  

JosephR
    Hi all,

This is my first post here on the FJ Community. I am in the market for a pair of FJs but have so many questions that I hope people's experiences can assist me with. Has anyone managed to accidentally break the cables in a BOA system? Would there be any stretched cable issues over time which would cause the inability to tighten the shoe? Lastly, I was watching the Golf Fitness Academy last season and noticed Dave Phillips was wearing an all black pair of FJ Sport with a red heel - I cannot find this particular shoe, would it just be custom made for the TPI guys or is it possible to order?

BOA carries a lifetime warranty so anytime it malfunctions, it will be repaired.  The cables itself will not stretch, they carry a very high tensile strength.

I can assure you they were not a custom pair.  They were most likely FJ Style No. 53249 from our 11-12 Catalog.

•  

Welcome to the FJ Community!

• 1362 points

Devin,

Thank you for your prompt and great response. So professional.

Can one still order this?

•  

Not directly from us, your best bet may be to try various online retailers. Given the age of this one though, I wouldn't be to hopeful.  

Our latest FJ Sport Boa is white and red? It also features a more stable oustole and a reconfigured BOA system.

Best,

DG

•  

Devo to the rescue, and working late as well. Our hero!

•  

Try the M Projects as well!

•  

I have A LOT of BOA shoes (5+ pair) and have never in recent years had any problems whatsoever with the BOA system malfunctioning.  It is an awesome system and I love it!!

• 5130 points

JosephR
    Hi all,

l black pair of FJ Sport with a red heel - I cannot find this particular shoe, would it just be custom made for the TPI guys or is it possible to order?

You mean these: www.carlsgolfland.com/.../footjoy-fj-sport-boa-golf-shoes-2012-black-red-53249.html

There are a couple of deals on Icons these there as well.

It's great to hear so much support for the BOA system.  I'm going to take the leap and try a pair.  

• 5130 points

Looks like a few pair left here too:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_19

• 1362 points

Thanks to all! Will definitely be securing a pair.

•  

Like Devin mentioned- lifetime warranty on BOA.  

I can vouch for the best the customer service in dealing with BOA on FootJoy Sport (I have a white with charcoal).  Also, the cables are tough and almost impossible to break.  Nothing to worry about.  Just slip it on, lock and load-- it's good to go!

Hope to see a picture of your new kicks, soon!

Welcome to FJC.

No'l

• 5130 points

JosephR
    Thanks to all! Will definitely be securing a pair.

Good luck. Thought about picking those up but decide to go with a pair of Contour Casuals and Icons this round. Hope it works out; the pricing is great.