Forums

Best shoe for those who walk their rounds?

•  

Daniel, WELCOME to the FootJoy community......you are right, FJs are awesome and are extremely comfortable shoes.....I personally wear DryJoy Tours the year round when walking and have a few pair of them......recommend you complete you profile and become a active member of our little community and interact on a regular basis......we area group of golfers who have a passion for the game and love our FJs.....glad you are enjoying your Ms and Sports.....cz  : )  

•  

Daniel, WELCOME to the FootJoy community......you are right, FJs are awesome and are extremely comfortable shoes.....I personally wear DryJoy Tours the year round when walking and have a few pair of them......recommend you complete you profile and become a active member of our little community and interact on a regular basis......we are a group of golfers who have a passion for the game and love our FJs.....glad you are enjoying your Ms and Sports.....cz  : )  

•  

I think that you will find some great opinions here.  Speaking for most of the Ambassadors, I believe that we are generally ICON fans - some more than others.  Fortunately, we all have experience with different FJ styles, so you are in the right place.  Personally, I would go with the ICON's - I think they are the best shoe available.  I have walked 36 without any issues.  

The most important thing is to be fitted.  Don't spend your money on a pair that you think will fit right.  Make sure you are properly sized before you buy.  Also, wear the same type of socks that you would wear on the course for your fitting...it makes a difference.  

• 886 points

Still a big fan of the Contour Cas's.  Need to make a few up in my fave colors soon :)

•  

Cant wait to see what you come up with Troy.. Bring a pair to Ojai!

•  

If the shoe fits correctly, walking should NEVER be a problem. That being said, I've found for walking rounds, the Superlite, Contour, Contour Casual and Sport are very comfortable.

•  

M- Projects are the best for walking, Sports are pretty good too. I have gotten use to the lighter weight than my faithful Dry Joys Tour.

• 6 points

My wife bought me my Bears FJ for my 60th birthday. As I have neuropathy I have to be careful what I wear weather I walk or ride. I'm looking forward to FJ doing a deal with the NHL so I can get my Blackhawk Shoes.

• 5399 points

Hi Nonboater!  Go Chicago!

Btw, I walked 18 today in my Contour Casuals in damp weather.  Lots of deep rough, wet send and i had no issues at all.  Loved 'em. Certainly a softer shoe than my DryJoys or Icons but very comfortable for walking.

• 276 points

I walk in the ICON Boa's and have no problems, comfortable, and waterproof.

• 3106 points

In my opinion it is the FJ Sports, to me they are the most comfortable of the 3 different style's I own.