Forums

Best shoe for those who walk their rounds?

• 819 points

I have been walking the majority of my rounds lately and my feet are paying the price.  I had been wearing a non FJ brand for the better part of last year and earlier this year, but they are not the best when a cart is not involved.  I decided to wear my DryJoys one day and noticed an immediate difference. Now I'm looking to add another pair or two to my rotation.  So, what do you all recommend?

•  

I wear XPS-1 BOA's, ICON BOA's and Sports...all have are very comfortable to walk 18 holes in ... I have heard sometimes others use an orthodic such as superfeet but I have discovered myself when I tried this that the footbeds in the FJ shoes are pretty good and I do not experience any noticable difference...

•  

M's should be called AirLess, that light!

•  

Broc, I use the Icons. I have walked as many as 36 holes in them and while my back was tired, my feet felt awesome!

•  

In dry conditions, M's are my favourite.

• 1936 points

M's all the way!  

•  

Sport and M Project are great shoes to walk in, I an an ICON guy and have walked 36 in them and my feet felt great after!

•  

Have yet to walk in a FJ and have any issues. It's really about personal choice.

•  

Whaql1
    Have yet to walk in a FJ and have any issues. It's really about personal choice.

Hear, hear, Mike.  FJ is the only brand to wear whether walking or riding.

• 819 points

I was leaning toward a pair of spiked M Projects.  I will probably end up with a pair of Sports too.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.

•  

Sports and M Projects, yes, they are my faves for walking because they are light weight.  Icons are very stable, comfortable and stylish, and I just love that about Icons/MyJoys in rotations-- walking in them makes it a real and a fun round.

• 3542 points

When I walk I use the Sport Spikeless or the M Projects, can't go wrong with either.  

• 324 points

Icons seem to be the best for me to walk in mostly due to the support and stability but I am  interested in trying the M w/spikes now that it is dry and fast conditions.  

• 5068 points

FJ Sports

•  

I roll in Icons all the time. They're super comfortable, waterproof, and look great.  I walk 99% of the time and have never had a problem with them